Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BMW M3 E30 "Track guide" - Brands Hatch @ SRR/SRS
Thanks for taking action following the thread the other day. I'll add some things I've noticed about Brands GP:

Graham Hill Bend:
I find patience on the throttle at exit really helps here. Wait until you can see the exit before flooring it so you don't push wide. I can sometimes gain on someone here if they get on the gas too early and have to feather it on to avoid going onto the grass or spinning. Also turn in fast off gas and brakes as tight as you can without touching inside kerb.

Surtees:
Really important yet tricky turn. I think it has a very late apex so if you commit too soon you end up running wide on exit. Like you said, keep revs high.

Hawthorn's:
I find it best to keep really tight to the inside here. If I go beyond the right third I find I tend to go very wide at exit. Maybe some better camber at the inside? Also it's a really fast entry style corner so you can gain some good time by carrying speed through on maintenance throttle rather than trying to open the exit.

Clearways:
Like Hawthorn's, hug the inside kerb. Let it track out into Clark's. Through Clarks I find I can sometimes overtake if I had good exit from Clearways and I take the inside, cutting the corner. You don't really need to be on the left for Paddock until heading into the braking zone. Even then only 2/3rds of the way to the outside.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BMW M3 E30 "Track guide" - Brands Hatch @ SRR/SRS - by Owen Pyrah - 05-25-2018, 02:37 PM