Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Points Calculation
I agree with Laszlo, one thing i ve learned around here, you can never assume it's going to be a walk in the park based on rating or the number of drivers registered. I had very difficult races with few people and what would be calculated as a low SOF in this sytem, because some didn't have the rating they deserved, yet, since they didn't have enough races, or they are simply new on SRS (but clearly not to simracing). And sometimes much "easier" wins in split 1 full of 700 rating, for the front runners that system just brings a random element to their results, but yea it's a bit more problematic for some who can get like +90 points while being very far from say the top 3 (although that does even happen in +90 drivers' races), but i don't think anybody is trying to only get in the less populated races like that on purpose.

iRacing deals with this i think, by giving everybody something like a 2500 rating to begin with off the top of my head, then modulate it from there, but here you need quite a few races to start having a rating that somehow translates you actual level, i would say at least 50 starts, except if you win pretty much any race you registered for.
(05-25-2018, 07:23 AM)Juan Alvarez Wrote:  
(05-24-2018, 10:50 PM)Ross Dowson Wrote:  That's why a SOF system would be an improvement, you're rewarded according to the quality of the drivers you compete against, how many there are makes no difference. Currently the less drivers there are the more points you get. You'll get more points for running (invented values) 1:30:00 laps where the optimum is 1:00:00 at the back on a one server race of ten drivers than you would running 1:01:00 at first place in server two.

Totally agree. If there was a vote, mine would be on this side. I'm aware that you still would have to compete at peak SoF hours and that may not be the best time for everyone but, if you want to be the first at the end of a series you should beat the best.
For win a daily championship you have to beat almost everybody as I say...You have to play 5 race a week...you have to get the 102 points everey week and it is still not enough... you have to win 20-25 race from the 30... I don't think that a slower driver can do that...But if  someone slower can do that you can find them in the 6:00 am race and you can beat him so still chance to be champ...  Big Grin 

Anyway If  you don't like this system you can go for youtuber series in peak hour...
I'm for implementing SoF. We won't ever invent best points system ever, but in my opinion lack of SoF in points is definitely worse than having it.
Intel i5-8400 @2,80GHz | ASUS-Prime Z370-P | 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX1060 6GB | LG 23,8" 1920x1080 | Win10 Ultimate | Logitech Driving Force GT
The SoF idea seems like it would complicate things without improving anything.
(05-25-2018, 04:17 AM)László Nagy Wrote:  With this Sof system the luckiest fast driver would be the champion ... Smile  it's not fair at all .. If i can't participate on the highest Sof race on the week I would get less points and No chance for maximum points If you are not lucky enough ... And no clue which race would be THE RACE with more points because of highest sof.

The current system is quite good and If you want to be champion you have to win about 20 race from 30...yes, there are easy wins with lower Sof and harder wins in peak hour.... And very Hard races with lower sof because another fast driver in the server.

There would be an element of that, certainly, but averaging the points of the best half of your races would help to avoid it because it's not likely that you could deliberately get into the highest SoF race of the week within the first two races you entered.
If you raced more than two then it wouldn't only be the highest SoF race of the week that your points would be calculated from.

(05-25-2018, 07:55 AM)James Blint Wrote:  I agree with Laszlo, one thing i ve learned around here, you can never assume it's going to be a walk in the park based on rating or the number of drivers registered. I had very difficult races with few people and what would be calculated as a low SOF in this sytem, because some didn't have the rating they deserved, yet, since they didn't have enough races, or they are simply new on SRS (but clearly not to simracing). And sometimes much "easier" wins in split 1 full of 700 rating, for the front runners that system just brings a random element to their results, but yea it's a bit more problematic for some who can get like +90 points while being very far from say the top 3 (although that does even happen in +90 drivers' races), but i don't think anybody is trying to only get in the less populated races like that  on purpose.

iRacing deals with this i think, by giving everybody something like a 2500 rating to begin with off the top of my head, then modulate it from there, but here you need quite a few races to start having a rating that somehow translates you actual level, i would say at least 50 starts, except if you win pretty much any race you registered for.

SRS currently deals with this better than iRacing. iRacing gives you a global rating and which split you go into is always calculated from that. SRS does that for the first race but afterwards assigns you to splits based on your performance in that series, it's something iRacing players have been crying out for for years (series-independent iRating).
That aside, you're talking about less likely scenarios and outliers but these are not the norm. The norm is that the drivers in each server are being assigned roughly correctly based on their performance, not that you get 20 Ayrton Senna clones in the server who just happen to be in their first ever SRS race.
(05-25-2018, 07:37 PM)Ross Dowson Wrote:  
(05-25-2018, 04:17 AM)László Nagy Wrote:  With this Sof system the luckiest fast driver would be the champion ... Smile  it's not fair at all .. If i can't participate on the highest Sof race on the week I would get less points and No chance for maximum points If you are not lucky enough ... And no clue which race would be THE RACE with more points because of highest sof.

The current system is quite good and If you want to be champion you have to win about 20 race from 30...yes, there are easy wins with lower Sof and harder wins in peak hour.... And very Hard races with lower sof because another fast driver in the server.

There would be an element of that, certainly, but averaging the points of the best half of your races would help to avoid it because it's not likely that you could deliberately get into the highest SoF race of the week within the first two races you entered.
If you raced more than two then it wouldn't only be the highest SoF race of the week that your points would be calculated from.

No it not helps at all... If I want to be champ I need  to find THE RACE where the most points.... I have two chance for that if best half matter... after that I will not race because  I dont want to lower my points... 
it 's a roulette game...and much worse than current system... and only peak hours matters so the daily races  will be cancelled every time.. 

Anyway where are these slower champions whos  don"t deserve their champions title, because  they race only 6.00 am ? LOL
(05-25-2018, 08:00 PM)László Nagy Wrote:  No it not helps at all... If I want to be champ I need  to find THE RACE where the most points.... I have two chance for that if best half matter... after that I will not race because  I dont want to lower my points... 
it 's a roulette game...and much worse than current system... and only peak hours matters so the daily races  will be cancelled every time.. 

Anyway where are these slower champions whos  don"t deserve their champions title, because  they race only 6.00 am ? LOL

That's what we have already, only it's far easier to game the system as it currently stands because you have five chances and you can guarantee that the 6am race will be the time to do it. I'm not sure why you aren't seeing it, it's plainly obvious.
I did it myself yesterday. I've not driven Spa before this week's race so I'm not running at a fantastic pace in the Leon TCR series. I'm generally looking at being in the top third of server two if it splits to three or four servers. I went into the 6am race and finished 2nd, getting more than double the points I'd been getting in the populated races.
That's an artificial result, but there's nothing stopping me from doing the same thing every week and ending up with a far higher championship standing than I'd get racing only at peak times.
(05-26-2018, 08:17 AM)Ross Dowson Wrote:  
(05-25-2018, 08:00 PM)László Nagy Wrote:  No it not helps at all... If I want to be champ I need  to find THE RACE where the most points.... I have two chance for that if best half matter... after that I will not race because  I dont want to lower my points... 

That's what we have already, only it's far easier to game the system as it currently stands because you have five chances and you can guarantee that the 6am race will be the time to do it. I'm not sure why you aren't seeing it, it's plainly obvious.
I did it myself yesterday. I've not driven Spa before this week's race so I'm not running at a fantastic pace in the Leon TCR series. I'm generally looking at being in the top third of server two if it splits to three or four servers. I went into the 6am race and finished 2nd, getting more than double the points I'd been getting in the populated races.
That's an artificial result, but there's nothing stopping me from doing the same thing every week and ending up with a far higher championship standing than I'd get racing only at peak times.
yes it's obvious that slower people can win some  races on less populated servers... and who cares ? Smile
they have no chance to win a championship  at all...far far away for a champion title Smile
you want to change the daily series to a youtuber serie where you can race only on evenings and you change iT to a  lucky contest too  Smile (we don't know which evening is the max point race)

Anyway why do you care the points ? 
the points may be important  for a couple of guys in each serie...
Enjoy the races and don't want to ruin a fairly well working system...
Here are some advantages and problems a system like the one i suggested solves:
-SRS can add more servers. With the current system it would have to change the scoring system anyway.
-This system eliminates the need to "average" the races. Even though it would still be done most likely, the option not to is also valid.
-Points based on difficulty of the race. This would motivate drivers to re-race so that they can improve their score. Instead of winning a 6 man race against 0 point drivers and chilling at the top of the leaderboard.
-Benefits competitive secondary splits, specially the 4th server that for some reason the backmarkers don't get points .... wtf?
-With the current systems you get the same score for coming 6th against 6 new players of 24 "pro's". With my system you do not.
-The current system is made for "league type" racing, not for and elo system.
-Draws become practically impossible.

The main con i see is that this System will obviously only work with an accurate base score for each player, I have a 600+ score but if it was fair I should be 200/300 in 1000. However, the fact that it incentives for more people to race would mean that this decision would indirectly improve the base score of each player. Meh ?

I still though it was a dick measuring contest until i remembered the m1 competition this week ... since it has prizes i think this should be taken into consideration. I know its top 200 for the prizes and there are only 53 entries (LOL). But i still think its worth thinking about.
(05-26-2018, 03:47 PM)Almor R Sousa Wrote:  Here are some advantages and problems a system like the one i suggested solves:
-SRS can add more servers. With the current system it would have to change the scoring system anyway.
-This system eliminates the need to "average" the races. Even though it would still be done most likely, the option not to is also valid.
-Points based on difficulty of the race. This would motivate drivers to re-race so that they can improve their score. Instead of winning a 6 man race against 0 point drivers and chilling at the top of the leaderboard.
-Benefits competitive secondary splits, specially the 4th server that for some reason the backmarkers don't get points .... wtf?
-With the current systems you get the same score for coming 6th against 6 new players of 24 "pro's". With my system you do not.
-The current system is made for "league type" racing, not for and elo system.
-Draws become practically impossible.

The main con i see is that this System will obviously only work with an accurate base score for each player, I have a 600+ score but if it was fair I should be 200/300 in 1000. However, the fact that it incentives for more people to race would mean that this decision would indirectly improve the base score of each player. Meh ?

I still though it was a dick measuring contest until i remembered the m1 competition this week ... since it has prizes i think this should be taken into consideration. I know its top 200 for the prizes and there are only 53 entries (LOL). But i still think its worth thinking about.

the problem with your idea that the champion will be the luckiest fast racer...
there will be one  Max point race  in each week... I have to find this race and win that race but I don't know when ...Smile 

AND you don't understand that the fastest guys has only 3-4 competitors maximum per season...
For me doesn't matter that 90 player or 6 registered ...I can race only 3-4 people per season because the rest of the field slower from us by secs

and again the question :

Who is this "6 player Champion " who didn't deserve his champion title because slower than the fast guys...?