Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Points Calculation
The idea is the champion will be the one that won the most competitive races ...
Lets see and example.
race 1 - 60 drivers to race - average sof of the split is 700 - 1st palce gets 102
race 2 - 6 guys are racing - average sof is 0, everyone is new to srs - 1st palce gets 102
People may not like it mainly because lower participation races will be less valuable. But at the same time its unfair to win race 1 and get the same points as race 2. Again, its not the end all be all solution. I just think its better than what there is now and could be an interesting starting point, thats why i suggested it.
The current system makes sense when its those 1 or 2 per week races because both races should be in theory identical so you could score them the same. Not for a hourly race. The races will be drastically different from race to race so the need to score them differently should be considered.
(05-26-2018, 11:04 PM)Almor R Sousa Wrote:  The idea is the champion will be the one that won the most competitive races ...
Lets see and example.
race 1 - 60 drivers to race - average sof of the split is 700 - 1st palce gets 102
race 2 - 6 guys are racing - average sof is 0, everyone is new to srs - 1st palce gets 102
People may not like it mainly because lower participation races will be less valuable. But at the same time its unfair to win race 1 and get the same points as race 2. Again, its not the end all be all solution. I just think its better than what there is now and could be an interesting starting point, thats why i suggested it.
The current system makes sense when its those 1 or 2 per week races because both races should be in theory identical so you could score them the same. Not for a hourly race. The races will be drastically different from race to race so the need to score them differently should be considered.

yes...lower participation races will less valuable. so there will be way more cancelled races (less than 6 participation)
just evening races will be valuable... 

it's a terrible idea for daily races... 

and sof is not mean anything for the fastest ones ... your 'split 700 " races sometimes the easiest races because there is no real competitors for me... and someties on 6.am I can race with faster american dudes

and again:
Who is this chanpion who could game the current system and don't deserve his title ?
(you can get some easy wins but in the end you have no chance to win the championship...)
If its such a bad idea why does iracing do it ?
I'm going to hazard a guess: because they have thousands more drivers than we have in SRS.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(05-28-2018, 01:21 AM)Almor R Sousa Wrote:  If its such a bad idea why does iracing do it ?
I think in iracing the Sof is calculating for irating (IR)  not for championship points... If Sof implemented for SRs Ranking points is would be Great ..
Russell has hit the nail on the head there. The SoF idea would be great if SRS had a much larger playerbase, to the point where every race had at least one full server AND if the rating system was overhauled to reflect a drivers ability instead of just showing how many races they've participated in as it does now (With the exception of the 800+ people).

As it is now though with the relatively small playerbase and rating system I think the SoF idea would actually make things worse.
(05-28-2018, 04:55 AM)László Nagy Wrote:  
(05-28-2018, 01:21 AM)Almor R Sousa Wrote:  If its such a bad idea why does iracing do it ?
I think in iracing the Sof is calculating for irating (IR)  not for championship points... If Sof implemented for SRs Ranking points is would be Great ..

Sof also influences the points you get for the championship on iracing and some drivers try to race always on peak hours to get max points too. 

https://www.google.pt/amp/s/amp.reddit.c..._a_series/

Edit: In you're defence though the championship points are used also as a kind of second ranking for the pro series.
(05-29-2018, 10:55 AM)Almor R Sousa Wrote:  
(05-28-2018, 04:55 AM)László Nagy Wrote:  

Sof also influences the points you get for the championship on iracing and some drivers try to race always on peak hours to get max points too. 

https://www.google.pt/amp/s/amp.reddit.c..._a_series/

Edit: In you're defence though the championship points are used also as a kind of second ranking for the pro series.
You misunderstand this I think... 
If you are in top split you can earn the max championship pont no matter what Sof... But you can earn much more Irating in peak hour...