Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F40
I didn't have time to practice and started in the midfield.

So I spent my first ten minutes of the race dodging divebombers. In the braking zones I had to look as much in my mirror as I had to look on the road.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
The AI works pretty good with the F40 at Mugello. I'd say that's a good practice for the race tomorrow.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
1 hr at Mugello! Should be a real test of the ability to maintain focus for the duration....especially for the heel/toe gang! Tighten that shifter down.
What an amazing race! Too bad I lost my connection again 15 minutes before the end (can't wait to move and get a proper connection).

Michael Martin and Alex Leif, did you two really try to do it without a stop? Seemed to me like you did.

Did anybody else only use the third gear except for the first and last turn? :-)
i wasn happy this time, the same setup like on Valelunga (too raced on hard tyres ) didn work here, so many spins specialy T1 and T4 Sad(((((

13th place bad for overal standing in this champ
Made 3 major mistakes during the race, still managed to win by being on the right startegy and Josh running out of fuel. Sorry for the punt Josh, I think I braked at my usual mark, but think you were coasting and saving fuel at that point which I didn't anticipate.
That was a great race. I was far from the fastest but managed to keep a decent pace for me. 2min average lap was faster than I managed in practice. I did plan to do 1/2 distance and stop. Luckly I stared with 100L of fuel so could go the distance. Got to half way and felt comfortable so kept going. It was a lesson in not overdriving which I needed. Braking into turn one was tricky but as long as you don't steer it was ok. I made a few mistakes but alot better than I have been driving.

Simon 3rd gear was key. 2nd for t1 and the rest was pretty much 3rd. I don't know about Alex but managed to not stop. Wasn't what I'd planned! But worked. Shame about your connection.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
I know that feel when you loose the internet, I really wish you for better one, Simon. IDK if it is worth to move for that reason, but I sincerely had same thoughts, and it was a first race to me testing new internet plan.

What a surprise it was to see that today it is 1Hour race. Thankfully at Mugello, and not magione lol This combo is superb, and IMO F40 and most early Kunos cars are simulated the best, superb stuff

Was really happy to be able to get a good time in Q and start in 6th place, but somehow managed to drop revs a bit and lost turbo for a moment... IDK how... I suddenly realised that Q instantly lost all the value and begun regreting that I wasn't practicing for full tank and hard compound tires instead of trying to achieve faster laptime in Q (q was megafun by the way). In first lap someone spun very badly in the middle of Arrabiata2, it was very scary moment, slowed down so much, I think it paid off, drivers behind also seemed to know when to slow down. But very soon in next laps I spun out, and lost lots of time, then later had few wobbles more loosing time and confidence. But in the second half of the race car got lighter, and hards still worked well and laptimes started improving a bit. Strategy really paid off, because I have regained all lost positions as others did mistakes too, or went to pits, I even found out that I was too careful with fuel, full tank was something like 7 laps on top of how much was needed.

Alejandro Garcia, came right in front of me out of pits, and he was pinging really badly, I got scared and decided to back of a bit, but soon found it out to be not necessary as he started laping faster than me. Then later Hendrik Sarwas appeared and continously was getting closer, making me to go faster each lap, in the last laps he got so close, that I thought that I will loose position, but then he slowed a bit, and I kept pushing, it payed off as I mishifted right before the finish, which could have been the fastest lap in the race for me, with both rear tires already yellow.

Really happy about the race, felt very competitive and rather professional. A bit sad for mistakes, but everyone did them so...

Super fun car to drive, I would expect it to be among the most realistic cars of AC. Alerted all the time, always feels like on the limit, but it can be pushed much more, turbo lag, engine braking, you really think about how the slip angles work as you use steering, can steer very well as long as rear is planted, rear is lost - you better be fast with catching it. Really enjoyed heel and toe when braking for T1 Big Grin I used 2nd gear in quite a few turns afaik, I really tried to keep Revs high for the exits. But race laptimes wasn't great, perhaps because of too much fuel. Even though I think the most enjoyable F40 is STD on modern streets, but this beast also has its own beauty, kinda somehow reminds DRM cars a bit, just with different tires, and maybe a bit more turbo lag.
(05-21-2018, 09:40 PM)Mantas Isganaitis Wrote:  I know that feel when you loose the internet, I really wish you for better one, Simon. IDK if it is worth to move for that reason

Haha, don't worry I move for other reasons, not just to get a more stable internet connection Big Grin

This season things just don't go my way. I have decent pace in the F40 and DTM series but somehow I never manage to finish a race without something stupid happening (reminds me of a certain fellow Austrian called Gerhard Berger, haha)
Just checked the stream of final laps, damn that was a nasty fight going on for the lead, slightly too much love taps, very rough, if Eero wouldn't have been that gentle both probably would have spun out.