Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F40
I sure missed the strategy on this one, all due to lack of experience which could have been avoided by doing diligent homework! I hotlapped the meds offline and could get 10 laps just barely and the last one wasn't pretty. So I tried hards and got 15 laps so I jumped to a one pit stop strategy, fuel and tires. So there I was, motoring along in lap 15 in p7, pleased as hell w no contacts or offs, and then go to my pitstop, dropped to 13th and thought that was a pretty big hit but wait for the pit cycle to complete and I'll be sitting pretty. Not. I finished in 12th which I am quite happy with, but realized I could have done things differently. Perhaps a full fuel load and one tire change....or go the distance on full fuel and ride one set of rubber all the way. But I assumed the hards would not go that long. At any rate, given my failing concentration in the 2nd half, 3 time consuming mistakes...it wouldn't have made much difference. But, and this is the thing...I learned something today that I can take forward. Getting better, getting faster, becoming better at racing in close quarters with challenging cars....just have to work on being better prepared and maintaining focus. It was a very good race today. The F40, like the RSR 3.0, 962C and the Honda Racing Lawnmower(lol) are great driving experiences. Lots of good competition and very respectful, competent racing today. Cheers.
I actually did pit, but with several of my own mistakes having added up the best I could do was 9th. Managed to avoid being lapped which was some small achievement lol!
With a bit more experience in the car I probably could have done it without stopping but need to be really gentle with the tyres, still a noob in this car as I couldn't drive it years ago and avoided it until this series came along Smile
I actually chose Hard compound more because high ambient temperature, rather than duration of the race. Was real struggle to get used to changed handling with them and full fuel load. I see winner made his fastest lap at the beginning of the race, and was rather consistent. I found the car very slugish at first, and it was constantly getting better the whole time.
This car needs a series with more frequent races. The friday-saturday-sunday format we had would be awesome for a car like that.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
can anybody from top 10 make video as track guide, onboard with visible gears and idealy pedals ?

and idealy car settings (brake balance, tyres presures)
hmm i hit Antoine Jacquet at T2 Sad (big appology for this, i let you by then on straight )

but when he later spin after T2 i stop right in time to awoid incidents but from behind , why not stop and must try push car in front to make rooom ???????? THX for unecessary 4 incidents points
Please don't forget to practice guys, Paul Ricard and this car are quite a combination ;-)

The AI works pretty good again. I can barely follow them with hard tires when they're on softs.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020