Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge
Well that was a decent race considering I had a lot less practice time than normal. Was enjoying chasing Michal for a while until I spun.
Hi, thought I'd share the setup I used for the last race, which other than wings and gears is largely the same as the ones I used for the other races (excluding Monaco)

Attached Files
.zip   paul_ricard.zip (Size: 865 bytes / Downloads: 2)
Thank you for the setup Max, Will give it a go Smile
Have attached mine for Monaco and PRC. Most races i just adjust the wings gears from the Paul Ricard setup.

.zip   f138 mon_prc.zip (Size: 1.18 KB / Downloads: 1)

Yesterdays race i got thwarted by real life issues. I was watching quali on the live stream whilst waiting on a bus. I knew i would miss quali but was hopeful to make the start of the race. That didn't happen and i joined one lap down with a fast charging Max ready to put another lap on me.
First thing i notice DRS is available. I'd prepared for a race without so spent most of the straight on the limiter.
Now it was a case of damage limitation. My championship target is Will and knew i had to minimize his points advantage. Luckily for me it looked Will had a tough race as well.
I was on a mission during the race and took no prisoners. Managed to gain a few places by making no nonsense passes. Was happy to only be overtaken my Max. Eero almost got me but was a bit to happy with the loud pedal and had a half spin.
I think on pace i could have been on the podium but brown stuff happens and wasn't the case.

Great turn out as well. Nearly a full grid.
Silverstone will be good final.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
Haha Michael your championship target is me? I feel honoured and slightly worried Tongue

A more in depth analysis of this weeks race for me...
Due to various real life situations I only had 1 proper practice session for any series this week and that was taken up by joining Pro Sim T&T on his livestream for the Simpit series. Coming into this round I managed to sneak in a quick 15 minutes before the race to get comfortable with the car on this track. Qualifying was then sacrificed so that I could get some basic setup work done (pressures, wings, brakes). Started near the back of the grid and decided to just mitigate the inexperience/lack of decent setup by having a clean race, staying passive while being overtaken and not pushing too hard to gain positions. Worked pretty well and when I saw that I was catching Michal by about a second a lap I knew I had found some kind of groove and started to push a bit harder, then I spun, started catching him again then had another mini spin and decided to just take it easy for the last few laps so that I could hold on to 10th, which is better than I expected after coming into the race so green.

Looking forward to the final, there's no stopping Max now so it's just a case of getting a good enough position to hold Michael off so I can claim that silver trophy Smile
With 30 points to make up I don't see how it'll happen but strange things do happen. Hopefully with Maxs' setup we can give him a run. Must be lonely at the front.
Hmm Silverstone, strange things could happen. Max's internet could go down causing him to miss the race, then I just need at least 75 points and I'll win the championship :O ... Now I just need to find out how much his ISP want as a bribe hehe Big Grin
Just to give my feedback on Maxs' setup. How do you drive it? Way too loose at the rear for me. If you try mine probably think it doesn't turn in lol.
(06-10-2018, 02:57 PM)Michael Martin Wrote:  Just to give my feedback on Maxs' setup. How do you drive it? Way too loose at the rear for me. If you try mine probably think it doesn't turn in lol.

Really? That's so interesting, I thought I had it a bit understeery if anything... I'll give yours a try at some point soon just out of interest. I've tried my usual setup for a quickrace at silverstone, for me it feels brilliantly balanced already, may do a little fine-tuning to see effect of different wing settings, but I expect to keep it almost exactly the same.
Michael! What kind of a setup is that?! You are absolutely right in your guess: how the hell do you turn it in??! Big Grin  Madness... I couldn't get within 4 seconds of my usual laptime using yours. As a general rule I always have front wing higher than rears. I guess you set it up so there was 0% oversteer, and 0% wheelspin? But that sacrifices so much speed on corner entry.... at least to my tastes! Wink
The joy of setups, what works brilliantly for one person can fail miserably for another Smile