Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge
(05-31-2018, 08:42 PM)Josh Martin Wrote:  I'm tied up with some other "projects" shall we say which will be of benefit to us all, so it's worth the wait Wink

Ooh Josh, you're such a tease Big Grin
hmm tryed aplly the things to setup wrote here and not better thasn little modifyed Japan setup, and the hairpin still werd, car vibrate at nerly 5mph and no turning at all , so i cant race here

the track surfgace is very bad done IMHO,

in one league i did 3 full gp racer (Rfactor 1991, 1978 and AMS 1971 mods) an without big problems a finisch all races without problems, here can do one lap without bruise walls because lack of turning the car at tight corners
I'm gonna give it a go but after more practice I highly doubt I'll finish.
I'm really sorry for getting in everyone's way, my performance was embarrassing. I put in several hours of practice, was comfortable with my setup and thought I'd be OK but in the end all I did was highlight my severe lack of skill. I had trouble getting around any corner let alone the hairpin and my pace was a joke. Thanks to Michael for trying to help me, you sir deserve a medal!

On a separate note I found the biggest issue with this track... There are no cut penalties on the 3 parts of the track that can be cut, the worst offender being just after the tunnel where you can go flat out across the chicane.
Fair play for trying Will, it was a seriously intense track. You seemed good at moving aside so no worries there Smile

I'm a little worried for everyone who had high incident rating though... Only Michael, Will and I seem to have escaped the 20 limit... ouch!
well there was about 200 incidents on first lap and my plan on racing cautiously went down the drain.. Tongue
Well done Max on the win and low accident count.
It was a really challenging race. First part was accident avoidence. Qualifying at the front help reduce it but there was still one idiot that managed to ruin it.
After that I had to pit for repairs which made it a 2 stop race. After second stop lost a place despite a healthy gap. Went for softs to at least aim for fastest lap.
Public apology for Jim, thought I had the move done. Amazed that little bump caused a spin.

Will you did yourself proud. At least you gave it a go. No problem with the advice, following you round could see you were having a problem with the hairpin.

Well done on everybody that obeyed the blue flags. Was very well done.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
Just want to acknowledge the apology, Michael. Racing incident, as far as I'm concerned. No need to visit Jackie's office. Deservedly knicked the bottom step on the podium from me with some hot laps on those softs at the end. Well done.
I always follow that old saying "If you don't try, you'll never know". It's annoying because I didn't have that many problems with the hairpin in my own practice sessions but then in the qualy/race sessions I had every possibly issue with it Smile

Looking at the positive side, I recognised my limitations and retired... Got P10 and was the 3rd highest points scorer... Go figure Big Grin

Edit: I've just noticed that while the race results are up, it hasn't affected the championship standings at all, it's like the race never happened... Maybe having that many incidents in a race has broken it lol
(06-01-2018, 10:50 PM)Will Dawson Wrote:  I always follow that old saying "If you don't try, you'll never know". It's annoying because I didn't have that many problems with the hairpin in my own practice sessions but then in the qualy/race sessions I had every possibly issue with it Smile

Could it be that you were trying to use your usual practice line on a track with only 96% grip in the first 75% of qualifying time? Big Grin Even in 2018 we have not yet figured out how to warm pretend tracks to ideal conditions for Internet Video Games.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz