Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reinforcing of the rules
I don't use the in-race chat but the post-race chat is getting quite.. lively lately (in the GT3 cup anyway). As soon as the race ends, recriminations start: you did this, you did that, ooh, ah. I'll admit I've indulged myself on occasions but at the very least you have to do it when you're sure of your target and of what happened. People hang you in public for this or that and then, by PM: oh by the way, it wasn't you, it was this other guy, let's be buddies. Yeah well, thanks bud.

As for displaying the rules, I guess it wouldn't hurt, but did you notice anything different when it was done, up until a few months ago ? I didn't.

A ban for X incidents ? As others have said, a difficult proposition.

The rules are here, I don't know if they need reinforcing*. What they definitely need is enforcing, but the protest form is not enough, repression can't do everything, the drivers themselves have to enforce them. And you enforce them when you've learnt them, when you've trained on applying them and when you've enjoyed racing with them, and driving is the only way to do that. Ergo, separating the new guys through a minimum rating for certain series is still the best option in my opinion. And for those who still don't get it, yes, there's the stick.

* Actually the SRS rules say nothing about overlap, dive bombing, the basic stuff. (I've checked here : http://www.simracingsystem.com/regulation.php ; is it the only place ?) Maybe we could start by making clear what is deemed "abusive contact" ? There's a consensus among seasoned drivers but you can't expect anyone who shows up to be aware, can you ?

Messages In This Thread
Reinforcing of the rules - by Michael Martin - 05-01-2018, 08:58 AM
RE: Reinforcing of the rules - by Michael Butler - 05-01-2018, 09:54 AM
RE: Reinforcing of the rules - by Josh Martin - 05-01-2018, 01:42 PM
RE: Reinforcing of the rules - by Stephen Haley - 05-02-2018, 08:54 AM
RE: Reinforcing of the rules - by Will Dawson - 05-01-2018, 05:04 PM
RE: Reinforcing of the rules - by Michael Butler - 05-01-2018, 05:17 PM
RE: Reinforcing of the rules - by Will Dawson - 05-01-2018, 08:10 PM
RE: Reinforcing of the rules - by Russell Sobie - 05-01-2018, 09:16 PM
RE: Reinforcing of the rules - by Pierre Caillet - 05-02-2018, 12:48 PM
RE: Reinforcing of the rules - by Josh Martin - 05-02-2018, 05:06 PM
RE: Reinforcing of the rules - by Michal Janak - 05-02-2018, 05:20 PM