Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AC compared to Raceroom
I'm thinking of buying Raceroom on Steam because as in AC it has online competions but...

Before i invest in Raceroom and all of it's DLC's (+140 euros it was i think) is it worth it? I do like AC a lot, is Raceroom comparable like how the cars behave? I read lots of reviews o steam and a lot aren't really positve

Marc
You'll see in this thread (http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=2528) that opinions are varied.

But you can try the free content before you buy everything.
Thnx for the link, mod can remove this one
You can try it for free, as far as I remember.

For me, it felt a little sterile and kind of artificial.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(05-07-2018, 09:30 AM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  You can try it for free, as far as I remember.

For me, it felt a little sterile and kind of artificial.

I just bought it, including some dlc's. downloading as we speak......30 GB Angry 

Was looking at Iracing too but the concept of monthly subscription doesn't apeal to me
My main problem with iRacing is that it's not about fun anymore. To stay competitive you have to race every single goddamn day. And when you’re not racing, you better be practicing.

When you're able and willing to do that it's amazing, but definitely not healthy.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Been trying Raceroom for some days now. Somehow my wheel and FFB works better in this game so that's a plus. I like the grapics more then on AC but the online community on AC is way bigger.

I bought half of Racerooms DLC's just to find out that i had to buy all major tracks seperatly wich annoyed the hell out of me. To participate in the online events it seems i have to buy way more cars so money wise this game is starting to freak me out Angry Angry
Yeah the content thing and lack of mods is a real setback.

Raceroom just feels right doesn't it? The tyres feel like tyres and cars just behave more realistically.

R3E sort of ruined AC physics for me. A good example is even driving at normal road speeds in AC you are sliding about on slicks. Slicks should stick and stick until they violently snap loose then aggressively grab again. Not just constantly be in a state of 0-100% slide depending on level of steering input. Plus the FFB feels sort of weird in comparison. But AC still feels like home and has a good community here. I also like the better known tracks and mod tracks.
The feeling depends on what you drive, system specs, wheel type etc. For me Project Cars 2 is the best simulation of driving. When I get back to AC it`s alot easier to drive and get fast lap times. FFB is about the same for me, very informative and intuitive.
Now R3E has the best audio IMO yet FFB is the least...erm...feedback like, just doesn`t do it for me.  But it does have cars and classes that make it worthwhile.
Whether any of them is the most realistic I don`t know. One thing I can say, the same cars drive and feel quite different.