Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
assetto corsa endurance championship
Hey,
i think a endurance championship in ac would be really cool with the gte or gt3 cars
like 15-20 minute qualification and 1 hour racing with a mandatory pitstop

tracks can be all but nordschleife or le mans would be cool in this championship Smile
I'm gonna play devils advocate and say I don't want GT3 for the 1hr races Big Grin My reasons are that I'm bored of them, I'm slow in them and I'd like to see something a little bit different (Something that hasn't been used in the past few seasons)

Having said that if 1hr GT3's were on the table for next season I would probably still take part just because I like the 1hr format.
(04-29-2018, 11:13 PM)Will Dawson Wrote:  I'm gonna play devils advocate and say I don't want GT3 for the 1hr races Big Grin My reasons are that I'm bored of them, I'm slow in them and I'd like to see something a little bit different (Something that hasn't been used in the past few seasons)

Having said that if 1hr GT3's were on the table for next season I would probably still take part just because I like the 1hr format.

I seem to be slower in the GT3 class myself, it still amazes me how driving different cars can get such different results. What is your favorite car? I'm not really sure if i have a favorite, I like so many, i even like GT3 but can't seem to figure out which car for which track is best for me. I've noticed less participation in the 1 hour events, especially when half the field has left halfway through the race.
(04-30-2018, 02:46 AM)Michael Butler Wrote:  I seem to be slower in the GT3 class myself, it still amazes me how driving different cars can get such different results. What is your favorite car? I'm not really sure if i have a favorite, I like so many, i even like GT3 but can't seem to figure out which car for which track is best for me. I've noticed less participation in the 1 hour events, especially when half the field has left halfway through the race.

When you say favorite car do you mean overall or just in the GT3 class? Overall it's open wheelers (I can actually compete in them). In the GT3 class I'm most comfortable with and really like the handling of the McLarens (650S and MP4-12C), I hate the Porsche 911 (I hate most Porsche's Big Grin). I'm pretty neutral with the other cars... Although the Glickenhaus SCG003 was a disappointment compared to the P4/5 that is one of my favorite tin tops in AC to just take out on tracks and have a good time with.
(04-30-2018, 03:15 AM)Will Dawson Wrote:  
(04-30-2018, 02:46 AM)Michael Butler Wrote:  I seem to be slower in the GT3 class myself, it still amazes me how driving different cars can get such different results. What is your favorite car? I'm not really sure if i have a favorite, I like so many, i even like GT3 but can't seem to figure out which car for which track is best for me. I've noticed less participation in the 1 hour events, especially when half the field has left halfway through the race.

When you say favorite car do you mean overall or just in the GT3 class? Overall it's open wheelers (I can actually compete in them). In the GT3 class I'm most comfortable with and really like the handling of the McLarens (650S and MP4-12C), I hate the Porsche 911 (I hate most Porsche's Big Grin). I'm pretty neutral with the other cars... Although the Glickenhaus SCG003 was a disappointment compared to the P4/5 that is one of my favorite tin tops in AC to just take out on tracks and have a good time with.

not to change the subject but, is that a 12 string bass guitar? it's too small to see...lol
(04-30-2018, 03:53 AM)Michael Butler Wrote:  not to change the subject but, is that a 12 string bass guitar? it's too small to see...lol

Haha close, it's a 15 string bass but it's a joke because the string gauges are all wrong Big Grin It's also not mine, just an image I found but I do play bass which is why I found it amusing.
I would also like a non-GT3 endurance series. How about GT 40 vs 908 LH vs 330 P4. Ford and Porsche are almost perfectly even, and we could mandate ballast for the Ferrari.
(04-29-2018, 09:33 PM)Daniel Janzen Wrote:  Hey,
i think a endurance championship in ac would be really cool with the gte or gt3 cars
like 15-20 minute qualification and 1 hour racing with a mandatory pitstop

tracks can be all but nordschleife or le mans would be cool in this championship Smile

at the moment there are some 1h races with mand pit stop
te GT1 Euro for example, you have nordschleife and LeMans inside

I agree with others, non-GT3 prefered on my side too

Ciao
Peter
As a voice of decent, I loath races longer than 45 minutes and avoid them pretty much on principle. So don't mind me being the voice of those who do not like like fumbling around with pit strategies and/or falling asleep at the wheel after doing 5 minutes of racing followed by 55 minutes of hotlapping alone because everyone else is way faster or slower than I am. Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(05-01-2018, 09:19 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  As a voice of decent, I loath races longer than 45 minutes and avoid them pretty much on principle. So don't mind me being the voice of those who do not like like fumbling around with pit strategies and/or falling asleep at the wheel after doing 5 minutes of racing followed by 55 minutes of hotlapping alone because everyone else is way faster or slower than I am. Big Grin

With the 1hr races it depends on the car and tracks for me. As long as the car is fun to drive and I don't hate the track then I'm happy to hotlap for 55mins with obstacles :Big Grin