Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Championships SRS
Good morning everyone.
I write this post to know the opinion of those who participate in SRS either in AC or Raceroom.
The question is whether to change the categories, the vehicles in each season.

In my opinion, an iRacing format with the same championships in each season changing circuits (such as Blancpain GT3, WTCC, F1, Porsche Cup) generates more immersion in the competition. It also improves practice with vehicles and reduces the distances between drivers season after season.

The other option, and that I understand perfectly that people like it, is the variety of all the vehicles and championships in each season, which is basically how it is now.

What is your opinion?
Today I do not have much work .... Smile
I suggested that as well some time ago.

I think two or maybe three recurring series in addition to the constantly switching series would be quite good so people always have the chance to race in a car they already know. Also, I think it would enhance the whole community feeling within SRS.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Our games offer a wide variety of cars, I think it would be a shame not to take advantage of it. I enjoy driving different cars, although it is a short-lived enjoyment in some cases. I also enjoy getting back to old favorites like the Tatuus once in a while. As things stand, SRS offers a bit of both, variety and recurring cars.
The lack of variety in cars in iRacing is the reason I quit when Assetto Corsa came out. I love that SRS takes full advantage of this. Although I would like to see at least one daily "historic" series each month. Wings & slicks & paddle shifters make me sleepy.
Someone suggested this somewhere else on here, but it stands to include in this discussion. I like the variety of cars AND the recurring favorites (like the Tatuus), but I'd like to participate in even MORE of the scheduled racing series. This could be done by having a "rolling schedule" during the week. I typically have exactly one hour before work to race, and then 2-3 hours 2-3 times a week in the evenings. Right now that means I have to race the KTM Xbow every morning if I want to race, but I'd rather I got to race 3-4 different cars during that same hour during the week.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(04-10-2018, 07:33 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Someone suggested this somewhere else on here, but it stands to include in this discussion. I like the variety of cars AND the recurring favorites (like the Tatuus), but I'd like to participate in even MORE of the scheduled racing series. This could be done by having a "rolling schedule" during the week. I typically have exactly one hour before work to race, and then 2-3 hours 2-3 times a week in the evenings. Right now that means I have to race the KTM Xbow every morning if I want to race, but I'd rather I got to race 3-4 different cars during that same hour during the week.

it could work ....what is it?   like 4 different races over and over till you get to prime time for each time zone, they could rotate those daily races sure could.
This is one of those discussions where one side will say they want it the other will say they don't and what is gonna happen is .... well nothing, its gonna continue the way its always been.
The only thing i would change is to add a "user voted series". On the last week you could vote for one of the series car + tracks. This way people would bitch less about "oh why didn't you choose this mod and this track and bla bla bla".
SRSAdmin has been pretty good about taking user feedback on a number of topics. Having the daily races roll through the clock every day would likely be something fairly easy to try for one season and see how folks like it.

I mean... what would you rather do, 5 KTM races and take your best score for the week (and then not bother racing KTM on the weekend because you'll statistically lower your score for the week due to averaging), or 2 KTM, 2 Tatuus, and 1 Porsche GT3 and then race whatever you want on the weekend?
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I think SRS does a very good job. I think its fine the way it is right now.
Regards Erik Hanoy
This is only my 3rd season in SRS but there have been some good improvements on each new season so far which shows that the admin cares.

While it wouldn't affect me, rolling the time slots of the repeatable races would be a good 'quality of life' improvement for those with very limited time to race.