Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MB approaching 500 starts @ SRS...stats
Looks like I'm going to settle in the rankings @ 680-700 with 500 starts..let me tell you what this means to me....Unless a driver can specifically get top 5, his rankings will slowly come to a snail's pace.....if it goes higher, then you can be top 5 or 3 or win, I can't...i'm a top 10 hopeful but i've experienced many great battles for top 10 positions...700 for me that's it i'm done.....i lost too many times from mistakes, and even without mistakes, my results are not fast enough, a perfect lap is not fast enough for me to even get to an 800 ranking, it would take me another entire year of nothing but top3's and no mistakes....lol....not that i know what a 750 is or a 720......i'm a 700 wanna be, with a 3.1 incident average, where a 2 would be even better.
Yeah the points began to spoil it for me a bit too. Can't seem to get past the 740 mark myself. But I just started ignoring the points and enjoy the racing instead, which was why I started racing on SRS in the first place and now I'm having fun again.
(04-09-2018, 11:01 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  Looks like I'm going to settle in the rankings @ 680-700 with 500 starts..let me tell you what this means to me....Unless a driver can specifically get top 5, his rankings will slowly come to a snail's pace.....if it goes higher, then you can be top 5 or 3 or win, I can't...i'm a top 10 hopeful but i've experienced many great battles for top 10 positions...700 for me that's it i'm done.....i lost too many times from mistakes, and even without mistakes, my results are not fast enough, a perfect lap is not fast enough for me to even get to an 800 ranking, it would take me another entire year of nothing but top3's and no mistakes....lol....not that i know what a 750 is or a 720......i'm a 700 wanna be, with a 3.1 incident average, where a 2 would be even better.

Wow, 500 Starts.

I just have 34 Starts, but luckily a 751.xxx Rating with 0.2incs/avg atm.
Long way to go to the 500, congrats to that achievment.

Matthias
Well, the rating in SRS is just an indicator anyways and doesn't define in which split of the race you end up, so I couldn't care less. I think it will be the end for me at around 750 as well.

Also, you can't really lose rating either. I just messed up three races and only after that I realized I lost 3 points or something around that.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Not being funny, but I'm missing the issue here?

Surely if a driver isn't in top 5/ winning, then he doesn't deserve to be in the top? If you look at the top 100 drivers, 9/10 they will be in contention for a podium of some sort and ratings reflect that. Like you say, if you improve then your rating improves, if not then it comes to a stop where your abilities are. Ultimately the ratings don't mean much, but in regards to the statement (unless, like I say, i'm missing something) just keep trying to improve and you'll get there.

TPC has Marek and Gavin Michael, you should use that to your benefit.
From what i've seen Michael, you should settle for no less than being top 5 consistently. But yeah at some point it's getting difficult to improve quickly your rating, where im at i think a win barely gives me 2 points, and that's with a clean sheet of incident. Which is another way of improving the rating, just racing clean to drop the incident rate.
Indeed, it seems you can go pretty high in the rating "only" by avoiding contact rather than focusing on positions. But it takes a special frame of mind to do this, and I must say I don't have it.
(04-10-2018, 10:54 AM)Josh Martin Wrote:  Not being funny, but I'm missing the issue here?

Surely if a driver isn't in top 5/ winning, then he doesn't deserve to be in the top? If you look at the top 100 drivers, 9/10 they will be in contention for a podium of some sort and ratings reflect that. Like you say, if you improve then your rating improves, if not then it comes to a stop where your abilities are. Ultimately the ratings don't mean much, but in regards to the statement (unless, like I say, i'm missing something) just keep trying to improve and you'll get there.

TPC has Marek and Gavin Michael, you should use that to your benefit.

it isn't an issue. it's what happens after 500 starts( an achievement), i raced anything with 4 wheels and probably shouldn't have , all that back and forth between cars can really impact your rankings. I've seen drivers get to 700 in less than 50 starts.....@ 500 starts, you're done, unless you have a steady improvement with no mistakes, I mean you can be the fastest out there and still lose the race. I'm perfectly satisfied with 700, and as far as incident rating, I don't see many drivers in the rear of the top 10 with less than 2 incidents average, because they stay in the mix the entire race......after 700-750, if you're not a top 3 on a consecutive level, you're not getting any higher.....imagine all 700 + drivers in a race, somebody has to lose, there can be ONLY one winner.....I could put all winning drivers in a race and make it look like you were a mid pack driver instead of a winning driver, so who is in the race matters too....EDIT: I drove cars i knew i didn't have enough speed, you can tell that just by driving 10 laps on the server. A driver with 500 starts will know if he is going to be competitive very quickly, although i have surprised myself occasionally.
I was for one day at overal 100. position, then few (approx 4 races) bad races when was hit from behind ended far behind top 10 at server 1 an lost 7 point , same as the 1st of Janury but to gain this 7 points back i must finish to 6t place with no contact at least in 10-15 races) , now i have 484 starts so the 500 mark is near (weak or 2 to finish 500)
(04-10-2018, 03:23 PM)Michal Janak Wrote:  I was for one day at overal 100. position, then few (approx 4 races)  bad races when was hit from behind ended far behind top 10 at server 1 an lost 7 point , same as the 1st of Janury but to gain this 7 points back i must finish to 6t place with no contact at least in 10-15 races)   , now i have 484 starts so the 500 mark is near (weak or 2 to finish 500)

Welcome to the 500 club bro !  it is what it is now, change doesn't happen unless something changes ...lol