Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat Tcr
It wasn't a bad race. Times were close and racing was tight. There was some questionable driving but I think that will be delt with.

For me good clean start and very good first few laps. Think I was a bit of a bottle neck for the second batch. Some clean racing with Alex and Michael. Mr Stig just went straight past and disappeared lol. I was surprised how well the tyres lasted. Could do 59's untill the end. Fueling I tested before the race and you can get 7liters in the time to change tyres. Crazy slow.

Overall I'd say an hour is too long for this car. 20mins is a good length. More sprint than endurance.

Looking forward to the next race.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
(04-05-2018, 09:18 PM)Ilde Soler Wrote:  A lot of people dropped from the server. Lost race and a lot of points less because of a system failure. Epic fail.  Angry

I cant speak for SRS mate, but I hope they do the right thing and not deduct any points from the over 30 drivers that were dropped from the server. Not my place to apologise for something beyond my control, but, I am sorry it happened, hopefully it wont happen again in mine or anyone elses series. 

Cheers, AussieStig
(04-05-2018, 09:09 PM)Bjorn Deforche Wrote:  My first day on SRS, fun car and fun track. Started p3 in race 3 and won with some nice battles at the start of the race. But.....  blue flags are totally ignored, there was even a backmarker that started over defending and tried to drive me of the road, hopefully that's not the standard racing on SRS

That was a wrecker. He took off the guy that was in 5th (ended 6th as I suspect he got damaged) just before you caught up to them. Then he tried to push you off several times (with me watching behind you two) before going wide in the final turn. I passed him on the straight. He attempted to ram me into T1, but I saw him coming in the mirror and jinked left. He promptly disconnected. If I get time tomorrow I'm going to file a protest on him, and urge you to do the same. Hopefully the guy that got taken out sends a protest as well and the wrecker gets banned for a long time.

Regarding blue flags:  (I was in 3rd for the first half of the race, but got caught out by that you didn't need to pit, so lost most of a lap waiting for the refueling and exited the pits a handful of seconds in front of you.) As a backmarker it was difficult to decide when you were close enough to let you by, as our lap times were more or less identical +/- 0.2s. As soon as you were < 1s behind me I moved over on the back straight, and I hope the laps you spent catching me was ok.  (There were a couple of other cars, 7th and 8th, that I also lapped that I had to overtake as if we were fighting for position.)

All in all, it was a shame that half the field was kicked because of checksum mismatch. It would have been a lot more entertaining with more cars around. I also agree with those that have said that this car is better suited for 20 minute races.
(04-05-2018, 08:50 PM)Will Dawson Wrote:  First 30 minutes of the race was brilliant, lots of close action. The 15 minutes after that were good with AussieStig and Paul Hirogoyen hot on my tail, keeping me alert. Then I went wide into the sand and spent the last 15 minutes driving alone, bored out of my skull...

Didn't need a pitstop as it turned out not to be mandatory and the tires were fine at the end (apart from the front left). Glad the fuel tank was big enough because I did a pitstop test in qualy and noticed that they must have been siphoning the petrol in via an IV drip Big Grin

I did enjoy our race Will, kept me focused on trying to overtake   Wink  
I liked the race overall, the first 20 minutes were intense. (and the gap between drivers in Qualy was short : I felt so slooooow  Tongue ).

Personnally, I didn't witness any "bad" driving (some agressive but legit overtake though).
(04-06-2018, 07:30 AM)Erlend Ronningen Wrote:  
(04-05-2018, 09:09 PM)Bjorn Deforche Wrote:  My first day on SRS, fun car and fun track. Started p3 in race 3 and won with some nice battles at the start of the race. But.....  blue flags are totally ignored, there was even a backmarker that started over defending and tried to drive me of the road, hopefully that's not the standard racing on SRS

That was a wrecker. He took off the guy that was in 5th (ended 6th as I suspect he got damaged) just before you caught up to them. Then he tried to push you off several times (with me watching behind you two) before going wide in the final turn. I passed him on the straight. He attempted to ram me into T1, but I saw him coming in the mirror and jinked left. He promptly disconnected. If I get time tomorrow I'm going to file a protest on him, and urge you to do the same. Hopefully the guy that got taken out sends a protest as well and the wrecker gets banned for a long time.

Regarding blue flags:  (I was in 3rd for the first half of the race, but got caught out by that you didn't need to pit, so lost most of a lap waiting for the refueling and exited the pits a handful of seconds in front of you.) As a backmarker it was difficult to decide when you were close enough to let you by, as our lap times were more or less identical +/- 0.2s. As soon as you were < 1s behind me I moved over on the back straight, and I hope the laps you spent catching me was ok.  (There were a couple of other cars, 7th and 8th, that I also lapped that I had to overtake as if we were fighting for position.)

All in all, it was a shame that half the field was kicked because of checksum mismatch. It would have been a lot more entertaining with more cars around. I also agree with those that have said that this car is better suited for 20 minute races.

I wanted to report him but got no replay so it's useless. You were the only how give me the space to pass without losing time yourself. I don't want anybody to pull over, normally letting a faster car pass you or give him a little room to do so don't cost almost any time, you sometimes can even benefit from it, draft par example.
Guys, i'm new to SRS and want to do the race this Thursday with the Seat TCR. But how long is the race or races? Is a pitstop mandatory?

And I hope to put up a good fight ;-)
Welcome! Check out the unofficial FAQ here: http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=2156

Also, check out the info on any race you want to register on the Race or Daily Schedule page by clicking that little gray "pill" looking thing...

[Image: r27K3yS.png]

Most everything you need to know about a race is there.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(04-11-2018, 01:55 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Welcome! Check out the unofficial FAQ here: http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=2156

Also, check out the info on any race you want to register on the Race or Daily Schedule page by clicking that little gray "pill" looking thing...

[Image: r27K3yS.png]

Most everything you need to know about a race is there.

Thanks mate. Very helpful and all the info I needed is there.
Thumbs Up 
I really like this series Smile I hope there is a championship with the SEAT TCR
This is sort of a championship. Its has multiple races and results are rewarded with points. There even is a points standing ;-)