Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audi TT Spa
whats going on here now, 3 or 4 races and everytime pushed off track, last race 3 times by someone hhen i hold on straight my side as much near the grass as possible and got punted from side from other, 3 times in 1st lap is too much , are all crazy or drunked now????

by this ending at end of pack between slower but hardly overtaken cars and braking very early and its then hard to brake early too becauese then got another hot from drivers behind
I know what you mean, same race, i get 3/4 thru the race with no incidents and have run in 3rd trying to catch 2nd. I made up 3 secs to catch 2nd place leaving another 3 sec gap back to 4th behind me.. It's so obvious i'm catching 2nd but yet when i go to pass, he cuts me off and leaves no room whatsoever, so it naturally spun him, nothing i could do, i was already on the grass on the inside trying to avoid, i didn't go wide at all, he just didn't want to give up the position no matter how fast i caught him....which lets 4th place place move into 3rd behind me, knowing i just left his ass 3 secs behind he tries to out maneuver me in the fastest left hander on the track before the start/finish...not only did he not make the turn soon enough, after he spun me, he still went way wide right .....how he could think he was all of a sudden faster than me after i just passed his ass 5 laps ago, the only reason he caught up is because i had just been in another incident but came out in plenty of time to be up to speed and in front of him and with more P2P left to use.......where i tried to pass there was room for two cars,I didn't dive in either, he went too wide.....but then tried to come back to the inside after that space was already occupied.... I would have made sure i left the space for him on the outside and it would have worked fine, he would have been on the inside next turn if he was fast enough..... where other driver tried to pass me. there was no room for 2 cars at high speed, but that didn't stop him from diving in there to ruin my race.
Today was my first time to try online racing.  I was pretty amazed at the inconsiderate driving.  In quali I got smashed off the track by someone who ran some 30 yds wide and rejoined straight into me. Undecided

In the raced I was punted from the rear and rejoined 2nd from last.  I must admit I only got higher up the ladder as there was complete carnage a few corners before.   Big Grin  
And I also got the bad incident points.  I'll give it a few more days otherwise I pay $ to go somewhere where there is more etiquette and control.
Yay, I got a top 10.... but there were only 9 in the race.  Smile
(03-23-2018, 11:57 PM)Paddy Redmond Wrote:  Today was my first time to try online racing.  I was pretty amazed at the inconsiderate driving.  In quali I got smashed off the track by someone who ran some 30 yds wide and rejoined straight into me. Undecided

In the raced I was punted from the rear and rejoined 2nd from last.  I must admit I only got higher up the ladder as there was complete carnage a few corners before.   Big Grin  
And I also got the bad incident points.  I'll give it a few more days otherwise I pay $ to go somewhere where there is more etiquette and control.

Paddy, were you in the 2300 GMT race?
I was in that race. Didn't qualify too well, but wasn't too concerned because I was sure some 'incidents' would occur ahead to give me some easy places Smile
I haven't been impressed with overall driving standards at all in the 3 races I've done so far(I'm new too), although some good drivers at the front, laptime wise anyway.
This race though, was quite tame to my other races . I really enjoyed it, and was scrapping for 5th 6th place a lot of the time. I did get nerfed at the first corner though near the end which didn't impress me at the time as I lost 3 places (got one back by the end), and I just had to enter a text at the end of the race, and was a bit impolite to the driver who hit me. He did apologise though, in text, so I cooled down very quickly and I think he just misjudged braking.. easy to do.
I think the key to these online races is be a lot more circumspect than you would be in real racing, even at the expense of laptime and a place maybe.. you normally get it back later.
There are a few idiots online for sure, and those who can't accept when they're beat, but I do have fun though :-) It is a game after all.
so surely i will report 2 drivers from today 12:00 CET, pushed me from behind on purpose before corner, instead of top ten lost many positions and gain crash points, races at spa cost me in total more then 2 points in overal standings which normaly gain again cost me much more hard races

this is new driving standard? so why these are not driving need for speed or other crash sim???????
I was in the 2300 GMT race and I got tapped from behind which caused me to tap somemone else on the first corner, which is better than public servers.  I qualified 3rd and finished 2nd, I should have finished 4th or 5th but there was a crash between 2 cars in front which handed me 2nd. While there were a few incidents near me I quite enjoyed my first race on SRS. Certainly beats public servers.
Not that the series as a whole has been super clean, it's been okay though, but it would seem Spa attracts more than the usual share of tryhards. It would be good if we stuck to less known tracks.
I think "tryhards" are the people you WANT to race with, right? I'd rather more people on the track be familiar with the track than less. Some tracks just have t1s that are somehow magnets for poor behavior from most everyone. You mix 23 people together, half of which don't know to brake early, the other half that know that the first half don't know how to brake early, and it spells disaster at least half the races on these tracks.

I'm all for more new tracks, however... even though I think it will result in more incidents rather than less.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I hear you. I did a TT Spa race earlier today and was hit and passed because of that hit three times.

One was a guy who was probably faster than me on this straight and instead of just taking the inside line and passing me, he sat on my bumper and punted me when I braked for the turn.

Then that other guy went into a turn alongside me, he on the inside, I left him plenty of room, but he ran as wide as he could and pushed me out of the track. Then I guess he span out somewhere so I am again in front of him, he divebombs with excessive speed on the inside, hits me, pushes me out of the track and passes me. But in the process he slides a bit, I think, loses speed and gets on the outside so I switch to the inside and start passing him back. Then he turns hard to the inside, hits me again and spins me out completely, I lose several positions.
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
I think tryhards in this instance means the people that will try really really hard to make as many places up as possible in t1, and then go for the 50/50 gap in t2, t3 & t4 as opposed to the good guys who will take it easy in t1, let things spread out for a lap or 2 and then try to have a good race with the similar speed drivers that have settled around them...