Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About classifications
Hi all.
Is it possible to make 2 classifications or 3 classifications depending on the spit where you run? It must be a little frustrating to see you in 150th position in a championship. In this way, the participation of some pilots may decrease.

Ty
Since the splits are calculated for each race, I don't see how this could be applied to the championship table. In fact, finishing 1st in the second split, which is usually less competitive, will give you the same amount of points as finishing 10th in first split (see SRS->Regulation). This should help even out the championship table. As long as people have fun racing for position they will probably continue to participate. For instance, as long as I have fun I don't mind that some aliens are 4 seconds per lap faster than me (on Lotus 25, that is).
(03-21-2018, 02:28 PM)Matthias Wauer Wrote:  Since the splits are calculated for each race, I don't see how this could be applied to the championship table. In fact, finishing 1st in the second split, which is usually less competitive, will give you the same amount of points as finishing 10th in first split (see SRS->Regulation).  This should help even out the championship table. As long as people have fun racing for position they will probably  continue to participate. For instance, as long as I have fun I don't mind that some aliens are 4 seconds per lap faster than me (on Lotus 25, that is).

I disagree. It is not the same to fight in a second division for the leadership than to fight for a position 35 in the first division. Of course we all enjoy being where we are, but maybe some drivers are discouraged by the fact of climbing as much from position 150 to position 120.
I dunno... it would probably feel the same to me. The way the splits work (way more based on champ points than on driver rating, and plenty of points given out for finishing 10+ regardless of split), you are just as likely to be racing people way above your talent level or way below your talent level as you are racing with people right around your talent level. So splits basically don't really matter all that much unless you are getting podiums just about every time you show up to race. Which through the definition of Math, means it doesn't matter to the vast majority of us.

In order to actually have actual divisions, I think you'd need to fully restructure how SRS works. Something like...
  • Change rating system to pay way more attention to your relative total race times compared to everyone in the same car/track combo, and less attention to your finishing positions or your incident averages. This would be use to place drivers of similar SPEED with each other.
  • Divisions would be based solely on this new rating system.
  • Actively split every race up into these divisions, even if one or more splits only have 1-5 people show up for a particular race time.
  • Since your rating system is 100% based on race times and not placement points, might as well let scheduled races where only a single driver shows up count!
There are a number of problems with the above design... but I think the main one is that we simply don't have enough people for that type of thing. At least in AC races. Maybe RaceRoom has more? I haven't done any RaceRoom because of reasons* so I have no idea.

*No custom liveries, and no Helicorsa/CarRadar equivalent.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
THANK YOU for creating this thread. I was going to do it but since i am one of those who is always whining i just ended up shuting up.
I did a google spreadsheet with an alternative way to score and split drivers.
The way it works is in a SOF fashion.
The good thing about this is that it can eliminate the "oh after 5 races its the average" bullcrap. Your best score can always count because your score ALWAYS reflects the dificulty of the race.

2nd, it is important for this to be relevant that splits have minimum numbers. So basically a minimum of 6 drivers (6 is the minumum number of drivers for and oficial race so we can keep that i think) always instead of having ... a 1 man race. This just makes no sense and it happens way more often than it should eb ideal. So basically once a server hits 24 drivers, 6 go to one side and 18 on the other. 18 is a good number since most real life series run around 18 to 22 drivers any way. The way it gets filled from there is one for each untill server 1 gets 23 and then fill the other one to the top. Repeat process for the next servers but taking 1 from server 1 and making server 3 7 instead of 6. and repeat untill you run out of servers. So even if the server count increases in the future to 5 or 6 this method can still be applied.

Now 3rd .... to the score ! I calculated it based on the strenght of field. Basically its the same scoring. first place gets 102 points. This is a "hypothetical" perfect race, with every driver having 1000 points. The other end is getting 51 points and its a race with every driver with 0 points .
The way you canculate it is buy averaging the ratings and deviding buy 1000. This will give you a number between 0 and 1. After this you add 1 to get a number between 1 and 2 and this will be the SOF. You multiply this for the points and thats it. Its important to make it between 1 and 2 because otherwise 0 SOF races will get 0 points.
Obviously this will need tuning but i think would be a good place to start.

Here are the spread sheets.
Web page
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e...vP/pubhtml
XMLS
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e...utput=xlsx

The spreadsheet consideres that the max players in 1 server is 20 and that an "oficial race" is 6 players.
Did 3 tabs with 10 , 21 and 61 drivers making that critical case of 1 driver alone in a race.
Regarding divisions, the numbers do not justify it.
most drivers bellow 50th place miss at least one of the 6 rounds, so if they want to be on a better position, they can simply attend all races.

The scores, server spliting and rating will continue as they are and any changes shall be announced.