Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
20 or more incs per Race award 3 day suspension
SRS has a restriction regarding the number of allowed incs per race.
This restriction has always been active and set to 20 incs, giving a 3 days suspension to every driver who equals or exceeds 20 incs. It has been unnoticed because usually drivers who exceeded this value would be suspended or banned anyway.

With circuits like Macau, it can be very easy to reach that number by making contacts with the walls.
If you are not certain you are prepared to do a race, don't do it, else you might find yourself automatically suspended.

Although the rules state 1 week suspension, it has been set to 3 days.
In the future there will be a several inc limits and suspension times.
Any chance of reducing that to 10 incidents?

That would probably have a much better effect at encouraging clean racing. If we want the sim racing community to garner more respect, it needs to foster an environment that puts clean racing and finishing a race (especially endurance races) over and above winning.

Real racing is about keeping your car running and self preservation (i.e. not dying or being severely injured). If we want sim racing to mimic real life racing, then the same consequences need to be enforced. Safety and clean racing need to be advocated above all else. Real life is all about car and self preservation. Yes, there is a certain sense of drive to win, but there needs to be a higher price to pay for screwing up.

Right now, SRS is way too lenient on dirty/careless racing.

Clean > Consistent > Fast = that should be the order of prioritization. More points for clean racing, followed by a lower standard deviation between racing laps, followed by actual speed. True speed is a measure of ability stacked with consequences for screwing up. The current system has very little punishment/consequences for being sloppy/ dirty/ careless. That needs to change for the sim racing community as a whole if we want any sort of real life racing recognition/respect.
I'd go for that too, although I understand that, under some circumstances, it could be too low. Think, for example, about 1 hour racing in the Nordschelife. I consider myself a clean driver (incident rating around 1) and found myself bouncing off the Nord walls several times, gathering over 10 incidents. I haven't raced in Macau in SRS, but I can imagine it being very hard.

So yes, for usual SRS racing, I would like to see people with over 10 incidents in a race taking a little vacation to reflect. That rule would have to be easier for the series where cars are very close to each other, like the Catherham series, or in circuits like Nordschleife or Macau. I assume this adds a complexity to the system though that the SRS crew don't want to go into because it simply doesn't pay.
It is an option that has been considered, 3 days for 10 incs , 5 days for 15 incs, 2 weeks for 20 incs.
I love the SRS system and play it in a somewhat 'simulated' serious way Wink like I guess many others do too.
I would be in favour of introducing half that incs rate for the upper (no:1) servers.
(07-16-2018, 09:47 AM)simracingsystem Wrote:  It is an option that has been considered, 3 days for 10 incs , 5 days for 15 incs, 2 weeks for 20 incs.

Oh, good to know, thanks for the answer! So... why was it disregarded?
(07-16-2018, 09:47 AM)simracingsystem Wrote:  It is an option that has been considered, 3 days for 10 incs , 5 days for 15 incs, 2 weeks for 20 incs.

I like this idea for the 20 mn races, usually the racers who have more than 10 incidents in a race really don't care about the others...
Thumbs Up 
SRS Admin

IMO this would be a welcome change! Big Grin
(07-16-2018, 01:18 PM)Pierre Hox Wrote:  

I like this idea for the 20 mn races, usually the racers who have more than 10 incidents in a race really don't care about the others...

it's all fine until you get bounced like a pinball from someone else's mistakes....most i've ever gotten was 17 i think.....it was from multiple hits from maybe 4-5 contacts.
(07-16-2018, 01:45 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  
(07-16-2018, 01:18 PM)Pierre Hox Wrote:  

it's all fine until you get bounced like a pinball from someone else's mistakes....most i've ever gotten was 17 i think.....it was from multiple hits from maybe 4-5 contacts.

I agree too. There could be a time limit to contacts, like 5 seconds one contact each other for each car because of boucing. It happened, for example, receiving a dive bombing, get crossed and hit by a huge amount of guys behind. Each one is a contact that generates an incident.
Eduardo Sá (ºLº)