Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Track Rules
I was in my second race, I exceeded track limits once after 40 minutes in a 1 hour race. There was no on screen notification.  I came back onto the track and upon crossing the finish line, I received a notification that I had been disqualified I think for exceeding track limits.

I am not requesting a software change with on screen notification,  but simply a place on this forum with the track rules.   In order to follow the rules  I need to know what they are. Big Grin
I think if you got DQed in that manner, it was the game and not anything SRS is doing. Was this Assetto Corsa? The notification is pretty obvious... at least on a single display. Are you using multi-display or VR?

The only official rules for SRS are located here: http://www.simracingsystem.com/regulation.php

The rest is left up to the simulation to take care of. As far as AC is concerned, an off track that it thinks you need a slow down penalty for will take up the entire top of the screen and count down to the END of 0 before going away. And if you don't serve the penalty (no acceleration for X seconds, or come to a complete stop, whichever comes first) before the end of your current lap, it will black flag you. The other penalty is a jump start, where you have two laps to do a drive through pit lane or it will DQ you.

I think that covers it?
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(03-11-2018, 05:33 PM)Albert Rogan Wrote:  I was in my second race, I exceeded track limits once after 40 minutes in a 1 hour race. There was no on screen notification.  I came back onto the track and upon crossing the finish line, I received a notification that I had been disqualified I think for exceeding track limits.

I am not requesting a software change with on screen notification,  but simply a place on this forum with the track rules.   In order to follow the rules  I need to know what they are. Big Grin

so it notified you for the DQ but didn't notify you to serve a penalty?
Ok thank you guys,  I will have to be more aware. I rarely look at the top of the screen nothing there but blue skys, trained to ignore it.  Rookie mistake my bad. thanks again. Angel
(03-11-2018, 06:46 PM)Albert Rogan Wrote:  Ok thank you guys,  I will have to be more aware. I rarely look at the top of the screen nothing there but blue skys, trained to ignore it.  Rookie mistake my bad. thanks again. Angel

Isn't your mirror at the top of the screen? Smile
There is also a bug with AC where the notification will flash up and then disappear, leading you to believe it's been served or miss it completely. Had this happen to me and a few others i know although it is rare.