Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Checksum Error
Found the solution to the issue on other subforum, the server is not on the latest patch level (1.6.2).
what? I got checksum error as well
I was able to race last night, the checksum error seemed to have its cause in the server not being updated, but our clients.
It is happening again after 1.6.3 update. I think that server updates could be automated, so there won't be any outage races once Kunos push out a new AC update.
the steam tool doesn't update the content.

(05-26-2016, 08:04 PM)Dmitry Osovsky Wrote:  It is happening again after 1.6.3 update. I think that server updates could be automated, so there won't be any outage races once Kunos push out a new AC update.
Well, I do have Assetto Corsa Dedicated Server in my Steam library and it did update today (automatically) and its data.acd files match those in my main AC installation. Dunno what kind of server setup you guys are using but even if you can't have Steam running and updating your server install, you might be able to have it running elsewhere and have a script running and monitoring the files and coping them to the SRS server once Steam has updated them

EDIT: It did fail to update Corevette C7R file, so that probably was the culprit. So maybe the workaround would be to have full AC install and copy cars' data.acd and tracks' surface.ini files from it by some background script. This whould be a bullet-proof solution