Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audi TT - RedBull Ring GP
(03-06-2018, 06:22 PM)Mike Waltz Wrote:  Maybe we could just take that track out of the rotation in the future?
It wouldn't be a big loss. RBR doesn't have any character, apart from the 2 downhill left handers.

(03-08-2018, 06:42 PM)Alex Leif Wrote:  Can't make the TT race tonight, have fun guys!
Was pretty good tight racing you missed. Also the first race that inspired me to figure out and send my first couple protest reports. I've been lazy in the past but it's no good complaining about bad driving if I don't do anything about it is it.
Hey Owen, what happened to you in that second to last lap? I passed you while you were on the grass. (I was in last, after a drivethrough because somehow I was too eager to get off the starting line, but let's not talk about that now. Angel )
But I feel what you're saying about bad driving. I'm a newbie, but this was genuinely the first race where I thought people were driving like they were alone on the track... No fun.
Ah well...
"It goes quicker when it's on it's wheels mate!" - CrewChief

"This car is so grippy it's like driving on four Pritt-sticks!" - GamerMuscle
(03-08-2018, 09:51 PM)Robin De Groote Wrote:  Hey Owen, what happened to you in that second to last lap? I passed you while you were on the grass. (I was in last, after a drivethrough because somehow I was too eager to get off the starting line, but let's not talk about that now. Angel )
But I feel what you're saying about bad driving. I'm a newbie, but this was genuinely the first race where I thought people were driving like they were alone on the track... No fun.
Ah well...
Yeah for the most part the racing here is great. Even this race was really good for me aside from the guy I reported. Had some good fights with David Shubert for a few laps where we exchanged positions a few times and were driving on the edge and very close.

Where you saw me at the end of the race I'd taken the inside line round that 180 degree right hander as 2 cars were fighting it out on the outside. One of them cut across to the inside from the exit and our paths crossed. It wasn't intentional and if I'd slowed down when I saw them all over the place I could have avoided hitting him. I'd gained on them out of nowhere in the past few turns so he probably didn't even know I was there until I hit him. Trouble was I spun off and was facing the wrong way on the inside of the track. I had to wait for every car to come past before I had chance to swing back on track.
I have noticed as the week goes on driving standards go down.

8am gmt race was a good one. Track limits were still an issue but i don't think it affected the outcome.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
11am pst race this morn, sorry guys, lost cpu, vr, keyboard, just crew chief telling me 'on your right' hope it didn't ruin anyones race today.
The punishment system in Asseto is ridiculous! It is abbreviated wherever possible and SRS can not do anything about it! The honesty of some drivers is not given they behave like cowards or spinners who do not even understand the meaning of motorsport. Fair driving what is it? clean line driving how does that work? Win the race in the first corner, no matter how many I take off the track? The system is unfortunately not mature for fair online races. Icing is the best thing about simulations and over 50% of the people in asseto corsa would fail! But unfortunately there will not be any change in the near future at asseto. In this sense, try to drive fair and clean and do not let yourself be carried away by such actions of unfair driving.
I'm assuming there's some google translation going on here, but it sounds like you had a hard time in an Audi TT Cup race recently where there was at least one driver who dive bombed turn 1 on the first lap and took out half the grid? It does happen on occasion, but I would say maybe 20% of races? No idea what the percentage over at iRacing is since I won't be paying a subscription for their service any time soon.

If you have a replay of someone simply dive bombing a corner, make a video and file a protest. The admins are pretty good about suspending/banning people who are simply out to ruin everyone else's race.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
The quality of racing with SRS is generally top notch but there are sometimes 1 or 2 drivers who can ruin it for everyone. Also sometimes those 1 or 2 bad drivers can piss off an otherwise good driver and cause him to drive too aggressively. I try to remember this and stay calm after I've been taken out. I don't want to become like the guy who took me out..
Guys,

I was together with Owen in the same race - indeed there are some Drivers completly ignoring fairness
I personaly hope that SRS is keeping their strict policy in penalizing rood Drivers

but i think this threat is not to talk about race incidents - i think we Need to use the possible tool SRS is providing to us

In my starting periode i entered the track without taking care about others - in my (rookie) eyes i tried to get back as soon as possible with the result that i destroyed someones day/race/rating - As a result i got a 1 month Penalty - I was really upset, but i learned, trained and started after this month with a different attitude and driving style

since that i think I hit 1 or 2times some else - and if - i immediately let him Takeover to be infront - and afterwards i alsways try to apprologize in the Chat or via PM

I wish you all a good next week - CU on Road America

Ciao
Peter
Yeah the rule is we aren't supposed to discuss incidents, but I think the spirit of that rule is that you don't start posting videos of specific incidents in the forums and call people out and public shame, etc.. I think it is perfectly acceptable (and healthy) to discuss "incidents" in the general sense. I.e. Reentering into traffic to try (in vain) to retain your starting position and then causing more wrecks is Not Good™.

Or like "Hey guys, I was side by side going into a turn on the inside, and the guy on the outside didn't give me a car width to get through and caused me to t-bone him... he screwed up, right?" and the resulting discussion teasing out the fact that the guy on the inside was not on the inside going into the braking zone so the guy on the outside is very likely to take the normal racing line through the apex. In other words, you are at fault, not him!

Admins please correct me if I'm mistaken! (plz no ban thx)
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz