Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceroom Triple Screen support
Now sorted - see post #10

Hi,
I have 27" triples and for RaceRoom use Sector 3's recommended Steam launch option -triScr 62 2 60 34 2 60 34 2 60 60 34 2 60 which sets up my FOV nicely for my cockpit view
However when joining an SRS race the game boots to the usual Raceroom menu and not to the SRS server.
To overcome this I have to remove -triScr 62 2 60 34 2 60 34 2 60 60 34 2 60 from Steam launch options (and leave the field blank) and the game then boots to the SRS server without problem. However, the cockpit view is then stretched across all three monitors rather than being nicely configured with my usual FOV.
I've tried putting -triScr 62 2 60 34 2 60 34 2 60 60 34 2 60 in to the RRE cmd: field of my SRS user profile instead but that doesn't work either.
Any ideas or am I stuck with the stretched view and won't be able to use Sector 3's triple monitor config option?
Cheers,
Steve

(03-02-2018, 05:50 PM)Steve Davenport Wrote:  Hi,
I have 27" triples and for RaceRoom use Sector 3's recommended Steam launch option -triScr 62 2 60 34 2 60 34 2 60 60 34 2 60 which sets up my FOV nicely for my cockpit view
However when joining an SRS race the game boots to the usual Raceroom menu and not to the SRS server.
To overcome this I have to remove -triScr 62 2 60 34 2 60 34 2 60 60 34 2 60 from Steam launch options (and leave the field blank) and the game then boots to the SRS server without problem. However, the cockpit view is then stretched across all three monitors rather than being nicely configured with my usual FOV.
I've tried putting -triScr 62 2 60 34 2 60 34 2 60 60 34 2 60 in to the RRE cmd: field of my SRS user profile instead but that doesn't work either.
Any ideas or am I stuck with the stretched view and won't be able to use Sector 3's triple monitor config option?
Cheers,
Steve

I tried to connect tonigh5 and failed until I saw the note about command options, so I can’t comment on Steve’s issue, but I’ve got triples too and it would be a pain to have to paste options back into steam every time I want to play single player.  Any one know of a workaround?  Apologies if blindingly obvious.
In theory, you could try to set a shortcut to RRE with the desired cmd and leave the steam cmd field empty.
(03-04-2018, 11:51 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  In theory, you could try to set a shortcut to RRE with the desired cmd and leave the steam cmd field empty.

Thank you for this suggestion.

However where would the command need to be pasted?  Against the RRE cmd: field in my SRS user profile or within a shortcut to the RRE.exe? (Although I have no idea where you would put this command as the game still needs to boot via Steam so any advice would be welcome) 

Thanks,

Steve
Like I said, in theory, you could create a shortcut to RRRE.exe with the commands and start RRE from that shortcut.
(03-08-2018, 01:20 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  Like I said, in theory,  you could create a shortcut to RRRE.exe with the commands and start RRE from that shortcut.

Can you advise where in the RRE.exe shortcut I would put the commands because I've no idea.

Thanks.
(03-08-2018, 01:20 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  Like I said, in theory, you could create a shortcut to RRRE.exe with the commands and start RRE from that shortcut.

Yes, u can.
But how he can join a SRS Race with that shortcut?
the shortcut would be for usage outside SRS
(03-09-2018, 06:33 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  the shortcut would be for usage outside SRS

Yes.

Or you can create a shortcut out of Steam and add your params as needed.
Should be something like:

"steam://rungameid/211500//-triScr 62 2 60 34 2 60 34 2 60 60 34 2 60"

But that won't solve the problem, if he wants to play via SRS with the triple setup.
Maybe these params, are not applied completly @ startup, if added in the user profile in SRS?

Did u check the whole link, Steam wants to start R3E with? You can expand the small window)
I've now sorted this issue.

1. Remove triple screen command from Steam launch option and leave field blank. (It's essential to do this as the SRS game server will not launch after joining otherwise)
2. Add the triple screen launch option, (in my case -triScr 62 2 60 34 2 60 34 2 60 60 34 2 60), to your SRS user profile. (User CP / Edit Profile / RRE cmdSmile 

Joining an SRS game server will now be possible and in-game the cockpit display and FOV are correctly configured based on the -triScr command used.

Outside of using the SRS app, (i.e. when playing Single Player / in-game Multiplayer) and to avoid having to constantly add and remove the triple monitor command to/from the Steam launch option, I have created a new game launcher with the triple monitor command built in, (which does not affect SRS), as follows:

1. Locate the game executable, RRRE.exe  (For me the path is: e:/games/steamapps/common/raceroom racing experience/game/RRRE.exe)
2. Right click on RRRE.exe and select Send to / Desktop (create shortcut) 
3. Right click on the desktop shortcut, select Properties and add your -triScr command to the end of the Target field ONLY and after the quote marks. (Also add a space) 
4. My Target field now looks like this: "e:/games/steamapps/common/raceroom racing experience/game/RRRE.exe" -triScr 62 2 60 34 2 60 34 2 60 60 34 2 60
5. Click Apply to save.

Now, whenever I want to play the game outside of SRS, I simply use this launcher without having to worry about adding the triple monitor Steam launch option back and I can leave this field permanently empty thus avoiding a potential future conflict with SRS. 

Note also that, when using this shortcut, Steam will ask you to verify the launch every time based on the additional launch parameter.

FWIW I've also created a second desktop game launcher, using the exact same procedure detailed above, for vr, (using the -vr command), although if I want to use vr for SRS then I still need to amend the RRE.cmd accordingly.  However once again, the benefit of having a dedicated launcher means that you don't need to ever worry about adding / removing the necessary command to/from the Steam launch option again.

Hope the above proves useful!