Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who's convinced by R3E now who wasn't before ?
I installed Raceroom during the free weekend and tried out the cars and tracks. I also took part in a couple of SRS races. I think the physics is great in Raceroom out of the box, once you get used to it. Great in-car sounds, very nice collection of cars. Downside, it feels a bit expensive compared to AC..
(04-02-2018, 02:16 PM)Neil de Guzman Wrote:  Raceroom content acquisition shouts the same approach similar to iRacing of let them buy it expensive, or in their case too complicated so patrons may race it more to squeeze the value out of them. Nah, They cannot beat iRacing structure, and they cannot beat AC and RF2 price. And the physics and graphics are meh. Nothing revolutionary in their package. It's just another SIM title that does one or two of the other's and call themselves different. There's nothing in between IMO. It's me racing here in AC or RF2 or go balls to the walls with iRacing again.

I guess it also comes down to which SIM you tried first and got addicted to... I quit iRacing for the price. So I mean I'm not gonna collect contents again in another title. If I want to, I'll just re sub to iRacing and all of my contents are still there waiting for me.

I thought you lost your extra content on iRacing if you're subscription is not renewed?
No you didn't lost it.

But it's cheaper than iracing. With the vrp credits you get complete game for about 65€ that's a normal price for a game today.

I don't own it, but srs gt3 is only on weekends for ac and I maybe will give it a try.

Currently I'm not sure if the races are full in srs at European time evening. Can you tell me your experience with srs and rre?
(04-04-2018, 09:09 PM)Marc Fölling Wrote:  No you didn't lost it.

But it's cheaper than iracing. With the vrp credits you get complete game for about 65€ that's a normal price for a game today.

I don't own it, but srs gt3 is only on weekends for ac and I maybe will give it a try.

Currently I'm not sure if the races are full in srs at European time evening. Can you tell me your experience with srs and rre?

This is my experience with Raceroom on SRS.
GT3 races are 100% PACKED on raceroom. Practically anytime you will have at least 1 full server, european peak time 3/4 servers are guaranteed on GT3. Races also tend to be mostly clean (on the top server at least), even at Bathurst this week. 
DTM 92 races are also always awesome and tight, but be prepared to mess up your incident count, lots of contact.
WTCC and TT cup are cool and kinda popular but i dont really race them so can't comment, races i did were normal.
F4 is awesome but not very popular, generally 1 full server at peak hours.

EDIT: also want to add that on weekends if you don't register in advance sometimes the 4 servers may be full even 15 mins before the race.
I guess I'll take a serious look at Raceroom if I got no more sims to go. Don't get me wrong, I gave it a try and my experience was utter crap. I won the one and only race I did with 2nd place finished 2 laps behind. And I don't get the hang of their menu that IDK how or where to look for my stats. Also, I think I did one fast lap record and it says my name will now be included as one of the AI. Hell no I don't want my name as an AI.
(04-04-2018, 11:35 PM)Neil de Guzman Wrote:  I guess I'll take a serious look at Raceroom if I got no more sims to go. Don't get me wrong, I gave it a try and my experience was utter crap. I won the one and only race I did with 2nd place finished 2 laps behind. And I don't get the hang of their menu that IDK how or where to look for my stats. Also, I think I did one fast lap record and it says my name will now be included as one of the AI. Hell no I don't want my name as an AI.

Yeah that happened to me on Forza so I can't go by the name M. Rossi anymore..
Once I'm in the game I quite like it, but I despise the menu system and the general clunkiness in VR with such a passion that it takes the shine off.

Plus, of the 4 SRS races I've registered (and practiced) for, 3 have crashed whenSRS tried to load the game, and in the other I got put in lobby 2 with just one other guy, whom I lapped twice.

So, err, that'll be a "no" overall.
I like the sound design, the DTM cars for example sound exactly like they do in real life. Less loud obviously but that is something thats hard to bring across in a videogame or a video.
The only thing i dont like is my setting for the FFB, somehow i cant get it setup to feel right. Tried 6 different settings and none of them felt like i wanted them to feel. Dont know if my ffb in AC is in any way shape or form realistic but it feels great to me, really feel what the car is going to do before it actually happens. In RR i have no feeling at all.. makes racing very hard.
''All the time you havea to leavea the space''

As said by Fernando Alonso in broken english during the Bahrein GP 2012
(04-18-2018, 09:22 PM)Sebastiaan van den Heuvel Wrote:  I like the sound design, the DTM cars for example sound exactly like they do in real life. Less loud obviously but that is something thats hard to bring across in a videogame or a video.
The only thing i dont like is my setting for the FFB, somehow i cant get it setup to feel right. Tried 6 different settings and none of them felt like i wanted them to feel. Dont know if my ffb in AC is in any way shape or form realistic  but it feels great to me, really feel what the car is going to do before it actually happens. In RR i have no feeling at all.. makes racing very hard.

I have the same problem with that FFB. Been tweaking it for over a month to try and get it feeling right with no joy, leading to unexpected spins. The understeer effect seems to be either on or off, no gradient to let me know how much understeer I'm getting. Also finally decided to turn off vertical load completely because no matter how low I set it, anytime I went over a bump it would jolt harder than I'd like and drown out what little useful feedback I was getting to begin with. Funny how AC has less options (Pretty much just how strong do you want it Smile) yet it nails the feeling straight away.
Try to check your FFB configuration in the Raceroom forum or on Youtube depending on your wheel.
Take into account the value of the FFB of each vehicle in the setup of the car you are using. You can see it in Steering settings / multiplier