Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server connection problems
I just got disconnected from the GT3 race server and I see that last days there seems to be worse server connection quality. It sure wasnt problem with my connection, it didnt drop, because I stayed with my friends on teamspeak, and I never had trouble with SRS connection to the servers, it never dropped before. Well, I could be fighting for a win in that race and also for the championship, but there it goes, it affected the whole championship tonight... also, I will get dropped to 20+ position in the race what will cost me some rating and there is no way how we can get it back (remove me from the race results or something) when something like this happens . Btw after that, I connected back to the server, made 2 laps and it disconnected me again, only me

I also see, last days, since you added RRE, there is too much traffic on the website and it cant handle that many people, I hope you know about it and you are trying to solve it. Last days I also saw some other people who got randomly disconnected from the server, happened today, yesterday and 2 days ago too...

Also, the results from all the races are getting in too late after the races, thats probably because all the SRS servers cant handle that much traffic
NEVER GIVE UP!
happened again in the Porsche Cup race,3rd race of season, I was 2nd in points after 2 races and running 3rd place after 25 laps...cars flying everywhere 3 different times, finally it kicked me, I seen 4 other drivers get kicked including Luke Sky running in 2nd place....there goes that championship, no do overs...Server problems are the quickest way to lose dedicated drivers, whats the use in trying if you randomly get kicked.
Getting kicked out of a AC or RRE server has nothing to do with this weeks traffic.

The recent increase of users and background work does affect the website, meaning that people may not get the join button, register or get an error while navigating through website. Result delays will continue for a short period as there is some background work going on.

Once you are on a AC or RRE server, the website could even be down.

Keep in mind that AC is very sensitive and at the slightest variation on your connection , you may not even notice it, it kicks you out.
I have a 100MB connection at my house and had lots of problems in December and it was only sorted out after several complains to my ISP. Failures were sometimes not noticeable while watching streams or other activities but AC would simply disconnect.

Also AC and RRE have independent servers.

So, could the servers cause the disconnects? Yes, but that's always a possibility.

could the users connection be the cause of the disconnects? Yes, but that's always a possibility.

Could the disconnects be related to traffic increase? No. As said before, AC & RRE have different servers.

There will be no standings correction.
I know that server connection has nothing in common with website, I have just put it all into one topic so I dont have to create more of them.

I also didnt expect any standings correction, I was just saying , so you know about these trouble from last days
NEVER GIVE UP!
that still doesn't explain how almost every single driver experiences hiccups and server glitches at the same exact time.....that tells me it is not on our end...you mention how sensitive the server is but yet a driver with a 700 ping can stay in a race while crabbing and flying all over the track, but a lower 50 ping gets kicked out...4 drivers after 25 laps got booted in my race. that's not coincidence. There has to be another reason.
Indeed the problems I have seen all evidence points towards connectivity issues at the server end.

Anybody here have connection issues with other AC servers outside of SRS? Because if AC is sooo sensitive to disconnects we would have experienxed this throughout our 4 years of AC play right? Well I have had no issues over this time at all apart from one time when some rackservice servers had a temporary issue which was resolved completely within a day or two.

So I put it to you that there is a recurring connectivity issue serverside in Europe at least. I advise SRS to raise it with the server host company and ISP otherwise this could well keep happening. You may need to consider moving to more stable hosting. If you need additional funds please just be honest with us I am sure many would happily donate to ensure more stable servers.