Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut track in Assetto Corsa
Hi all!!
Enjoying my first few races on here but i`m new to assetto corsa.
During my last race i locked my wheels so drove straight across the chicane at imola not to impede the drivers behind me by either going very slow or losing control and causing a crash.
I got a huge slowdown for 30 seconds so as the timer counted down and got to below 10 it went back up to 30. It did this 3 times so i thought i would just take the penalty but it was DQ.
I dont want this to happen again so is there anything i could have done to stop the timer or maybe come into the pits for a drive through? all it said at the top was cut track slow down for 30 seconds nothing else.
Other than this little bug the whole service has been amazing and i have had some really great racing.
Thanks very much!!!
Eddie.
i dont know if it is the case, but if you touch your throttle during a penalty, even in neutral gear, it will reset the counter.
Some servers allow just a drop in speed below certain amount, while others like this one demands you to fulfill the whole time count without touching the throttle.
SURVIVING ROOKIES - Legendado PT-BR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LJcb-_LcUE

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himslef."
- Ferdinand Porsche
30 secs is very severe to NOT touch the throttle until the timer goes OFF completely, not @ 0.
a small cut is usually 5 to 10 secs in which you can time it just right to serve the penalty by waiting until you get to a section in the track to coast(its ok to brake) for the required time ( a long full speed section for example) but you must do it before the start finish line or get disqualified..
I thought if you come to a complete stop it clears such a penalty. Perhaps that only works for the smaller 20 second or less penalties? I know that typically it is much safer for me to just slam on the brakes off the track to clear one that it is me trying to keep all 4 wheels on the track while drifting no throttle.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I think that AC gives you a choice to either "slow down for xx seconds" OR "slow down to 35 kph" for at least a fraction of a second only for some infractions.

But in general, yes, if you are "slowing down" you cannot touch the throttle even if the counter is at 0 - because that means that you still have between 0.001 and 0.999 seconds of the penalty to serve.
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
Thanks for all the info guys and your speedy responses, i assumed slow down was just that, didn`t realise you couldn`t touch the throttle at all.
See you all on the track!!!!!
The "slow down" penalty is terrible. It is unrealistic and creates accidents. I wish there was a server option to just give a drive through penalty.