Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
(02-25-2018, 04:42 PM)Phillip Mishaga Wrote:  Awesome, thank you for the write up. I wish this was sticky'd. I just got DQ'd from my first race not knowing I had to take 1 L of fuel or change tires...Is there any other way to see what a mandatory pit stop requires?

Thanks
Every time before the race starts and you hit the DRIVE button, up on the screen it says something like "dont forget to change your tyres or add 1l of fuel". Also, when you are in the pits watching the standings screen, up there next to the race time is also time, when the pit window opens and closes
NEVER GIVE UP!
(02-25-2018, 04:42 PM)Phillip Mishaga Wrote:  Awesome, thank you for the write up. I wish this was sticky'd. I just got DQ'd from my first race not knowing I had to take 1 L of fuel or change tires...Is there any other way to see what a mandatory pit stop requires?

Thanks

Well, actually before the race, as the cars are standing in the grid, you can see a text message on the top of the screen reminding you to make a pitstop and what it takes for it. It took me at least one disqualification to see it...

You are welcome.
Hey,
As someone who is new to SRS I really do have to say that there seems to be a severe lack of information for the new comer. Unless I have missed it somewhere. Even this FAQ post isn't stickied at the top of the forum.
For example.. why are there no Raceroom races in the Daily schedule? are AC and R3E the only sims still active? as on the main website it says that rFactor2 and Automobilista are supported but I don't see any races for those anywhere.

cheers
(03-14-2018, 01:59 PM)Robin Beddall Wrote:  Hey,
As someone who is new to SRS I really do have to say that there seems to be a severe lack of information for the new comer. Unless I have missed it somewhere.  Even this FAQ post isn't stickied at the top of the forum.
For example.. why are there no Raceroom races in the Daily schedule?  are AC and R3E the only sims still active? as on the main website it says that rFactor2 and Automobilista are supported but I don't see any races for those anywhere.

cheers
Maybe there's a bit of a learning curve. It doesn't start great, from the application process that took a week or 2 for me, to figuring out how to get the app sorted. It does get better after you've been at it a few days. Its also the best racing community I've come across. You can always get a refund if you don't like it, or just ask what you need to know and people will try to help you.

At the moment I think it's just AC and R3E. Automobilista was run for a bit but there wasn't much demand at the time. Think the focus this season is trialling R3E which looks to be a big success so far.

Raceroom races should be in the daily schedule. Have you got the app and that sorted out? If you go to the raceroom subforum it runs you through how to do it.
Hey,
Sorry, I didn't want that to sound like I was complaining. It was more just a bit of advice. If you're looking to get more people to use SRS, then making it more accessible would probably be a really good place to start.
Also, I've seen a lot of people mention it, or ask about it... Is there anything for Project Cars 2 in the future?

cheers
No worries. SRS isn't the most polished thing out there but I think it's worth it for the quality of racing. It seems to be mainly run by one guy (Henrique Alves from the page footer). I'm a developer myself and I've thought about volunteering my help but at the moment I barely have enough time to run a handful of races a week.

I don't have it but I've seen a few people talk about PCars2 on SRS recently. I think I remember Henrique saying he'll look at incorporating it once the game has stabilised and they're not changing things every 2 minutes. Shame I can't find the search function on this forum ha.
I read in the instructions something about a obtaining a "license" prior to being able to race. I've browsed the forums for about half an hour and found nothing on HOW to obtain said license. Can somebody shed some light here, please.
(04-10-2018, 02:37 AM)Vence Alfred Wrote:  I read in the instructions something about a obtaining a "license" prior to being able to race. I've browsed the forums for about half an hour and found nothing  on HOW to obtain said license. Can somebody shed some light here, please.

If it's the part I'm thinking of then I think it just means you need a legit copy of AC if you want to participate in AC SRS races.
(04-10-2018, 03:00 AM)Will Dawson Wrote:  
(04-10-2018, 02:37 AM)Vence Alfred Wrote:  I read in the instructions something about a obtaining a "license" prior to being able to race. I've browsed the forums for about half an hour and found nothing  on HOW to obtain said license. Can somebody shed some light here, please.

If it's the part I'm thinking of then I think it just means you need a legit copy of AC if you want to participate in AC SRS races.

Thanks Will. I only own AC on Xbone. R3 and RF2 of the current three here on PC. Legit Steam copies. I guess my next step is incorporating the app.
Cheers.
If I wanted to race R3 outside of SRS, would I need a separate install? One without the app in the root folder? Or can I just run R3 from that same folder without using the SRS app?