Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings
Hello All,

Name is Marc living in the Netherlands.
Started sim racing back in 2004-ish mainly Formula 1. Did that for a few years and got another hobby as in radio controlled airplanes wich gave me the flying sims alsoSmile
The sims i fly are Rise of Flight (early WW1 planes and IL2 Battle of Stalingrad (WW2) but just recently went back to racing and bought Assetto Corsa, been racing since the last 2 weeks, fiddling with set ups and so on and improving my times mainly on Spa.
I like to see how the online community is in racing sims but allready got tired of the bumping in public servers. Hope i find better (read people on for a serious race) racers...

Marc
Welcome!
Thanks again for letting me participate and i'm downloading all missing content as in cars and tracks as we speak but i have another question.....

I know i am a rookie as it comes to this game. I intend to drive as neet as possible but when i want to participate in a race that has Minorating the server will not let me in as it sais i have "D" rating. What am i missing or doing wrong to get in these servers? And is this rating also for sim racing system required?

Must know this is all fairly new to me...

Marc
Those rules do not apply on our servers, we use our own rating system.
Some series could be limited by minimum rating but that is not happening this season.
Still have some questions to improve myself before i dare to compete in a race in SRS....

Last couple of days i've been making laps on Spa, lap after lap in a GT3 car (my preference). I shaved seconds of my laptimes but looking at the times other racers do i'm still 5 to 7 seconds of the pace  Angry I did some races in public servers on the Spa track and managed to end in the top 5 in a 10 lap race in the rare occasions i didn't get bumped of the track by others but still miles of the times the fastest guys can do. Have trouble to find the best setup for the car.

Now i noticed the following...when in the cockpit you can choose 2 views. The one with steeringwheel and the one without. What is the most common view used because i like to use Trackir for awarenes but it doesn't work in the "without steeringwheel view". And without i seem to be faster somehow Undecided 
What apps do you guys mostly use to benifit in the screen?  At this moment i use tyre and heli app, do i need more?

Do you guys use Teamspeak? If so, can someone provide me the adress?

Do i have more?.....hmmm, not at the moment... Big Grin
I use TrackIR as well. I think both cockpit views track whether or not you are showing the steering wheel, but I'm not sure about that. There's an option in settings to turn off the wheel and that'll make it disappear in both. See image below.

As far as getting faster on tracks, most time can be made up by finding the best racing line and the best way to do that is by mimicing better drivers. Since this is a simulation consisting of a whole lot of real world tracks, you can even use Youtube to find track guides for many circuits. I particularly like Driver61's channel for this. He has a great Spa guide that helped me knock off a good 4 seconds off my time in most cars.

For Apps, there's a nice recent thread here that goes over some SRS member favorites: http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=1862

One of the apps listed in there can help with getting good setups, and that's "thesetupmarket" which allows users to upload and download setups based on car/track combos and some other stuff.

For voice, there's a Discord, but sadly it is under utilized. I've been in leagues and clubs that make voice comms mandatory, but it is entirely optional here, and it seems most people (myself included) opt out. Here's the link I was able to create from Discord... I don't know if this works as an official link or not, but you can try: https://discord.gg/9YEffn5

That's about it! Hope this helps.

[Image: JbXtZOl.png]
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Thanx!

1 step closer to get online Big Grin