Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRS Youngest Member
May I introduce you to James Bell.
He has been sim racing for a little while now, mostly in IRacing but I got him to test my Ginetta for me in AC, after talking to his Dad, as he got a little bullied in Iracing, due to his age.
He is 8yrs old......Yep 
He is quick, he is consistent, and they slated him and questioned him online, in live racing, which is really not called for
so I spoke to his dad and told him to get on over to SRS, as he loves the Ginetta.
So if you see him, just say hello and give him the warm SRS welcome.
Here is a video of him driving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJs_bLpyrPw
Regards
Shaun
Hi Guys,
I'm James' Dad,
My name is Dave and supervise all of his online racing, I have registered in Jame's name as he will be the only one joing the servers (he's faster than me)
In the past it has been hard to place James in a series due to the time of races being late evening, Shaun enlightened me about SRS and we are excited about it already. Timings are perfect and hopefully James can do as much racing as possible.

Hope to see you guys on track..

Dave
Hi James, Dave,

Welcome to SRS. I Just watched your race at VIR, well done, you ran pretty consistant lap times at a very challenging track, I bet the guys you beat would hate it if they knew you were only 8, lol. I would love to see a vid of you driving an srs race, you should start a twitch channel, I bet you'd get a load of followers. I watched your you tube vid and was amazed by your driving. Keep at it, I reckon sim racing is going to lead to a lot more real drives in the future.
Thanks Gavin,
We only got the app set up 5 mins before the race so had little practice on a track James had never seen, we aim to race every night.
I'll get some videos done but I'm not very good at IT technical stuff so probably just set the GoPro up.

Don't worry, he already has his followers of haters and tbh in the past some have been pretty brutal in the chat, 8 year olds can read, lol

But really glad we have found a platform for him to progress on and really looking forward to seeing some of you guys on track
Yes, hello!

Welcome to SRS! I hope you guys can have a great time here. I am already looking forward to racing with James, maybe with the Ginetta. It's amazing that he is only eight years old and can rock the circuits.

Best wishes and see you on track!
As someone that struggled with an H shifter and clutch at the age of 15 in a real car (a Chevrolet Chevette, no less), I'm hilariously happy to see an 8 year old rock it in a virtual race car via youtube. If he's getting consistent laps at VIR after NEVER SEEING IT BEFORE he'll do better than most here. VIR likes to eat newbies for breakfast.

And if he passes me by in a Ginetta, I won't be pissed at all... I think it would be awesome. Unfortunately I'm away visiting family, so I'll have to wait a week or so to share the track. Looking forward to it already! Cheers!
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(12-23-2017, 06:20 PM)Javier Malonda Wrote:  Yes, hello!

Welcome to SRS! I hope you guys can have a great time here. I am already looking forward to racing with James, maybe with the Ginetta. It's amazing that he is only eight years old and can rock the circuits.

Best wishes and see you on track!

Many thanks Javier.

thats for the welcome
Dave

(12-23-2017, 07:18 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  As someone that struggled with an H shifter and clutch at the age of 15 in a real car (a Chevrolet Chevette, no less), I'm hilariously happy to see an 8 year old rock it in a virtual race car via youtube. If he's getting consistent laps at VIR after NEVER SEEING IT BEFORE he'll do better than most here. VIR likes to eat newbies for breakfast.

And if he passes me by in a Ginetta, I won't be pissed at all... I think it would be awesome. Unfortunately I'm away visiting family, so I'll have to wait a week or so to share the track. Looking forward to it already! Cheers!

Thanks Russell.

James will have an extra week to practice then,  Enjoy your break

Dave