Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bcast for broadcasts
I understand it must take a huge amount of work to make SRS work, a lot of time to put things together and keep them going, besides administering and other stuff I can't even fathom, so I want to appreciate that before beginning. Having said that...

wouldn't it be great to use BCast for broadcasts?   http://www.drivingitalia.net/index.php?/...adcasting/

As far a I know, SRS is using ACTV for broadcasting, which simply cycles between cameras at a given pace and, thought it is great that we can have broadcasts and look amazing, BCast offers even better features. Main one: it tracks time differences and focuses on battles.

"BCast calculates the time gap of each car and chooses the car in most interesting situation at the time."

I've had the chance to watch one of those broadcasts and looks really amazing, with extra car information being shown, like tyre compounds and pedal graphs, and focusing on the hottest points of the race, making the broadcast very dynamic and interesting to watch. 

So suggestion actually is: move away from ACTV and towards BCast.

Thank you for your effort and time.
I must say that the broadcasts used now can be really annoying, it'll be showing a hot battle between some front runners then it'll just flip to some back marker going off or something, crashes are good to see in real life but not here
BCast sounds really good. Hopefully, something SRS can look into implementing.
Video 
The broadcast about which Javier was talking is this one 

Our broadcaster in that league was using BCast
NEVER GIVE UP!
This is so much better than the bcasts srs use, 1080p, better coverage of action and it shows driver inputs. Would be good to see what admin think about using this.
+1 absolutely

the only thing i prefer on the ACTV is the different color / car
(12-22-2017, 11:37 AM)Gavin Ranson Wrote:  This is so much better than the bcasts srs use, 1080p, better coverage of action and it shows driver inputs.  Would be good to see what admin think about using this.

Even 1440p Tongue
NEVER GIVE UP!
I saw the video and I agree with you, it's a good broadcast system