Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recurring series
How about race series that are run all the time with a "season" in each race series cycle?

This would create a sense of community within those series and people would have "their" series they kind of feel at home at. Those series could also have their own sub-forums where people can talk about the specific cars and maybe create a thread for each week's race without cluttering other forums.

It would also help to build a certain reputation for the drivers within those race series like "Oh, yeah, Michael won the last five seasons, but maybe this season Alberto could beat him."

I'm thinking about three series so that there's a regular series for everyone on SRS. For AC those could be Tatuus (beginner series), GT3 (highly popular), and something fast and demanding (Group C, classic F1 or even modern F1).

edit: this doesn’t mean that there should be no constantly changing series anymore
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
+1 for this idea - As someone who tends to dip in and out of series I have often wondered whether I should be concentrating on just one car, to learn how to take it to it's limits, learn setups etc, to get quicker/more consistent. With a longer running series, over numerous seasons/months it would allow for this to happen.
Is a good idea have permanent series running all week with multi race times.

Ex: 1 for open wheel , 1 for GT and 1 for TC
(12-18-2017, 05:49 PM)Miguel Oliveira Wrote:  Is a good idea have permanent series running all week with multi race times.

Ex: 1 for open wheel , 1 for GT and 1 for TC

That’s what we have now. Or not?
NEVER GIVE UP!
Not with the same permanent cars.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
this would be ok if you like the car that is used for every season but if you don't then it would suck, Also I would get fed up driving the same car all the time. Impossible to please everyone, I think the current system is pretty good as it seems there is something that most people will like
This woudln't mean that there are no constantly chaning series, of course.