Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assetto Corsa - A Couple
Just a couple that come to mind.
Use the RSR F3 Dallara
Use Brands Hatch GP
Enable Mandatory (will add a little strategy) instead of the out right fastest driver winning between Minute 3 and Minute 17 for example.
Regards
Shaun
Then it would be also needed to restrict the maximum amount of fuel which you can fill into the tank, f.e. to max 13-14 minutes, because most of the people would be just stopping for 1l of fuel and that’s it, not really interesting. I know that the restriction of fuel is possible in server management

Then, it would lead to different strategies. Someone could be doing 50/50 of fuel - stopping in the half of the race. Someone would take fuel for 14 minutes and he would stop 6 minutes before the end. Someone would take fuel for 6 minutes and then he would stop to fill those 14 minutes of fuel needed to finish the race. I think these strategies would be interesting for racing
NEVER GIVE UP!
(12-05-2017, 10:05 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  Then it would be also needed to restrict the maximum amount of fuel which you can fill into the tank, f.e. to max 13-14 minutes, because most of the people would be just stopping for 1l of fuel and that’s it, not really interesting. I know that the restriction of fuel is possible in server management

Then, it would lead to different strategies. Someone could be doing 50/50 of fuel - stopping in the half of the race. Someone would take fuel for 14 minutes and he would stop 6 minutes before the end. Someone would take fuel for 6 minutes and then he would stop to fill those 14 minutes of fuel needed to finish the race. I think these strategies would be interesting for racing

You don't need to increase / decrease the fuel, let people make their own judgement, but My point exactly, people will do their own thing, so it would add serious dimension to the racing.
Not really, I think that in 20min race, people would just fill up the full tank and then stop for 1l just to have the mandatory pitstop. Any other strategy (refuelling or changing tyres) would cost you too much time and you would lose positions
NEVER GIVE UP!
(12-05-2017, 10:57 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  Not really, I think that in 20min race, people would just fill up the full tank and then stop for 1l just to have the mandatory pitstop. Any other strategy (refuelling or changing tyres) would cost you too much time and you would lose positions

Fair point, but to rule this out, everybody has to stop so it add's at least 20secs to your time.  What I was thinking, people have to "time" it to perfection adding a very small strategy (ok maybe pointless) to their race?

It adds a do I / don't I / should I / could I scenario

Shaun
Well, with that idea I was saying before, to restrict the fuel to lets say max. 14 minutes of a race lenght, everyone would be stopping for few seconds, like 10 seconds. If someone would fill 14min of fuel at the start, he could be losing the time because of his load, if someone would fill 6 minutes of fuel, he would be gaining the time but he would lose in the pits, as he needs to fill more fuel. And if someone would do 50/50, well, you know where I am coming Big Grin
NEVER GIVE UP!
20 min is a too short race to make mandatory pitstops in my opinion
One thing mandatory pitstops also does is at least train people to know how to enter, exit, pit, use the system etc. Know where the entrance is etc. more of a rookie training tool really.
20 min races are scary enough with Backmarkers, to have to come back out behind them potentially 3x in 20 mins would cause an annurism ?
(12-05-2017, 10:05 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  Then it would be also needed to restrict the maximum amount of fuel which you can fill into the tank, f.e. to max 13-14 minutes, because most of the people would be just stopping for 1l of fuel and that’s it, not really interesting. I know that the restriction of fuel is possible in server management

i agree. i also agree 20min is to short for a pit.