Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop making sunset-time (evening) ingame races - save VR players
Not so long ago I've started to race with VR-headset (Pimax 4K). And it's a whole new world to discover. A lot of things should be tweaked here and there to make it comfortable and playable even with top-end hardware.
So here is some serious problem for VR users:
Almost every race-event is set to take place in the evening (ingame) and it's a little bit darker with beautiful sunset. But here is the thing: when you "enable post processing effects" in AC - you got color saturation and everything becomes much more brighter. So for normal user there is no problems with racing in sunset conditions. What can't be said about VR racers. To get proper FPS we have to turn off post processing effects (it drops FPS dramatically) - so we have little bit darker picture. When I play pubic servers or solo-racing with daytime ingame - it's ok, but when the time is set to 16.00 and later - darkness is coming inside VR-headsetĀ )))
So I kindly ask admins to set all events to take place in daytime so VR-players can get clear and bright picture. Thanks in advance!
Yep VR oculus here feel the same
Very dark in VR vive as well: totally agree, specially when around you everyone goes bananas
I use a regular single monitor and find it very dark too.
same here .....too dark on 27" single monitor...i have to keep all blinds closed to see the screen.
I think the time to actualize this thread has come, because M235i series returned to "dark times". While racing in sunset, on Nurb GP - there are some corners (4 to be more precise) where I can't see literally nothing in VR headset. Neither apex, nor braking points. Dear, administration I hope for your understanding - return to daylight racing please.
Have you tried using custom PP-filters? There's some designed for VR users available too. I also use custom filter from gbw mod for my singlescreen and the different times and weathers look really nice and not too dark.
When I turn on post-processing effects in AC - it drops FPS significantly ((( So it's not a choice...
Agreed, maybe 12 noon would be best, minimum shadows and maximum sunlight. Cheers, AussieStig
I noticed it being a bit more gloomy as well in the last few races. Maybe in an attempt to be spoooooooooooky?
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz