Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost out cars spun out or re-joining track
(01-28-2021, 05:27 PM)Stephen Hayward Wrote:  I have just today been suspended for a week for dangerous re entering the track. Seams a little harsh for a first offence especially with no contact me thinks. Unless you stay off the track for the whole race you have no option but to enter sometimes as in my case on a blind corner. I think I'm trying to say it can be a grey area at times.
I have no specifics about your case Stephen, but I would much rather mess my race up than someone else's. I do think that people should pay more attention to the yellow flags but as they don't show up on the replays I don't think we can police that so well. The other day I had someone overtake me as I had slowed own due to an accident just in front of us. I real racing this would have been a penalty as there is no overtaking under a yellow.

I have started to use the track map during racing, as it lets you see what is coming at a greater range than the radar, helping me to see a gap to come back into.
Yeah thats my biggest gripe with AC - the flags are useless if theres no repercussions for ignoring them. If a yellow comes up I am immediately on the lookout for a cloud of dust or a car on the track ahead but others just plough straight on oblivious. Its a shame really. Ive no idea if ACC is any better but having flags and no policing with them seems useless especially if there is punishments for re joining unsafely (which can be near impossible if its later in the race and the field is spread out) as severe as bans. I hav ethe time delta for drivers up on the screen aso i can see how many seconds a car is away and judge my re entry based on that. If a car does enter unsafely i watch the replay from their perspective to see just how they tried to re join. If it looks like they genuinely tried to get on safely i dont bother but if they blatantly go back on track at 90 degrees without any regard then that is not on.
ACC is better only in that you don't get yellow flags for an incident half a lap away, and the flags are visible both trackside at actual flagging stands as well as in the HUD. But there still appears to be no enforcement of the yellow flag rule.
I highly recommend using Track Map Display (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads...play.3508/) in addition to the Track Map Kunos App specifically for accurately seeing issues on the road ahead and safer track rejoins.

Map Display shows the whole track rather than just the 3 seconds of track in front or behind you, and cars that are moving are represented by an arrow while those that are stationary are shown as squares. Not only does this help pinpoint where someone has wrecked on blind corners, it's also useful on public servers where wreckers lay in wait!
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Thats a pretty nifty app @Russell Sobie - think im going to look into it. No idea how well it will transfer to the VR hub but should be ok id imagine.