Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Elo rating
As far as I can tell the rating system works on a championship points kind of system.  This is great in terms of having a goal to place as high as possible within a series or overall but I see a few problems.
  • -  I think the beauty of official races like this are that they mean something in terms of points /rating.  The problem is that as you do more and more races, the risk / reward decreases drastically since series points are averaged.  If you've done 9 races in a series, whether you come first or last in the 10th means very little since it's all averaged out so your average score won't change much at all.
  • -    coming from an IRacing background I can tell you what keeps me motivated during a race is the loss or gain of ELO rating which gives a massive feeling of risk/reward each and every race, no matter how many races you've done that week.  You can gain or lose a lot of IRating in each race, which is significant because:
  •     each race is exciting because the stakes are high and it's great seeing your IRating getting a big boost for a top 3 finish
  • Having a high IRating is important because it means you get to challenge yourself against the better drivers in the higher splits
I think if in addition to your championship points you currently have, adding some kind of elo system would really complete the package.  I know in IRacing I'm not too bothered by where I am in the championship, but I'm borderline obsessed with my elo rating. lol.

Lastly just to congratulate you on a fantastic product, I have been so desiring to see a competitor to Iracing in one of the other sims whose handling I prefer and finally we have it. Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Elo rating - by Brent Mills - 05-04-2016, 08:30 PM
RE: Elo rating - by Inti Sanzol - 05-04-2016, 09:19 PM
RE: Elo rating - by Carlos Filipe Silva - 05-05-2016, 11:30 AM
RE: Elo rating - by Inti Sanzol - 05-05-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: Elo rating - by Guilherme Azevedo - 05-05-2016, 04:07 PM
RE: Elo rating - by Germain Donne - 05-07-2016, 10:02 AM