Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project cars 2
(09-25-2017, 09:25 AM)Paul Hirigoyen Wrote:  Yes. After playing with it a bit more this weekend, my judgment is a bit less enthusiastic about VR. (my very first test was at supersampling 1.0 ...)
It seems indeed  that VR in PC2 needs more power than in AC.
It's ok in Brands/Knock Hill, but much less fluid on other tracks (Oulton Park, Spa, Long Beach)....
Will try to lower some parameters here and there (and Super Sampling too, i'm at 1.5 now) to see if i can have better performances. Seems like some command line parameters can improve performance too.

Firstly check out this doc for a starting point in VR

pCARS2 VR Performance Settings

I have a 1060 6GB so even these were a bit too intense for me but it gives you an idea of what causes impacts.
It is true the VR is more resource hungry than pCARS2.... but did you play pCARS1 in VR.... I couldn't.

I played with these settings and came up with these for my machine.... It could still be improved, but its a good starting point for low-end VR machines.

[Image: dFmGQ9F.png]

(09-27-2017, 09:25 AM)Sebastiaan van den Heuvel Wrote:  Haha yeah I have that too, jeff is so freaking enthousiastic all the time!! I miss my crewchief.
Also the AI leaves allot to be desired, they seem to be on another tire model yet again as sometimes they will just shoot off through some corners in a way that shouldnt be possible, then at the next corner you see them braking 100 meters earlier then necessary. They are also hellishly slow in the rain, like 10 seconds slower than me while in the dry we were doing pretty much the same times. So far I found i had to adjust the difficulty before every race because sometimes they'd be way too slow at 120% and at other times they would smoke me at 80%. It makes no sense at all! So the carreer is not what I wanted out of it, for online i cant see playing pc2 over AC. Ac just feels so much better in terms of handling and ffb. In PC2 I have no idea whats going on with the car half of the time because theres no proper feedback whatsoever. AC has this absolutely nailed seeing as i can usually feel the car is going to do something before it actually happens while in PC2 i only feel it happening when its already too late to do anything about it Tongue

I've just posted this guide on Steam's Project Cars 2 community:

Crew Chief for Project Cars 2 Setup Guide - because no one should be forced to have to play without crew chief.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks Jett.
Very useful informations (both for VR and Crewchief).  Helped me getting better FPS.
(10-01-2017, 11:18 AM)Jet Morris Wrote:  
(09-25-2017, 09:25 AM)Paul Hirigoyen Wrote:  Yes. After playing with it a bit more this weekend, my judgment is a bit less enthusiastic about VR. (my very first test was at supersampling 1.0 ...)
It seems indeed  that VR in PC2 needs more power than in AC.
It's ok in Brands/Knock Hill, but much less fluid on other tracks (Oulton Park, Spa, Long Beach)....
Will try to lower some parameters here and there (and Super Sampling too, i'm at 1.5 now) to see if i can have better performances. Seems like some command line parameters can improve performance too.

Firstly check out this doc for a starting point in VR

pCARS2 VR Performance Settings

I have a 1060 6GB so even these were a bit too intense for me but it gives you an idea of what causes impacts.
It is true the VR is more resource hungry than pCARS2.... but did you play pCARS1 in VR.... I couldn't.

I played with these settings and came up with these for my machine.... It could still be improved, but its a good starting point for low-end VR machines.

[Image: dFmGQ9F.png]

(09-27-2017, 09:25 AM)Sebastiaan van den Heuvel Wrote:  Haha yeah I have that too, jeff is so freaking enthousiastic all the time!! I miss my crewchief.
Also the AI leaves allot to be desired, they seem to be on another tire model yet again as sometimes they will just shoot off through some corners in a way that shouldnt be possible, then at the next corner you see them braking 100 meters earlier then necessary. They are also hellishly slow in the rain, like 10 seconds slower than me while in the dry we were doing pretty much the same times. So far I found i had to adjust the difficulty before every race because sometimes they'd be way too slow at 120% and at other times they would smoke me at 80%. It makes no sense at all! So the carreer is not what I wanted out of it, for online i cant see playing pc2 over AC. Ac just feels so much better in terms of handling and ffb. In PC2 I have no idea whats going on with the car half of the time because theres no proper feedback whatsoever. AC has this absolutely nailed seeing as i can usually feel the car is going to do something before it actually happens while in PC2 i only feel it happening when its already too late to do anything about it Tongue

I've just posted this guide on Steam's Project Cars 2 community:

Crew Chief for Project Cars 2 Setup Guide - because no one should be forced to have to play without crew chief.

Thanks man, would love to get my crewchief back Big Grin!
''All the time you havea to leavea the space''

As said by Fernando Alonso in broken english during the Bahrein GP 2012
Crewchief works fine over here. Shared Memory and UDP Protocol Version at Project Cars 2, Frequency at 1. Start the normal PCARS2 in Crewchief (Not the network one) and it works like charm.

But no word on a possible app/program for PCARS2? Openlobby is terrible, rating system is a laugh. People can't even complete their formation laps.
Would love to see something of SRS coming to the game.
(10-09-2017, 02:53 PM)Jacco van der Zaag Wrote:  Crewchief works fine over here. Shared Memory and  UDP Protocol Version at Project Cars 2, Frequency at 1. Start the normal PCARS2 in Crewchief (Not the network one) and it works like  charm.

But no word on a possible app/program for PCARS2? Openlobby is terrible, rating system is  a laugh. People can't even complete their formation laps.
Would love to see something of SRS coming to the game.

Is an API for SRS available? So that community can try to help develop PCARS2 client. I am tired of random lobbies with most players choosing GT3. Would like to have hourly, rotating events with track changes each week just like SRS+AC
it would be great to have also Project Car 2, after the last patch the game has improved a lot
So no chance for SRS for PC2? I really love this platform in Assetto Corsa and it would be so awesome to have the same online experience for Project Cars 2, which I actually enjoy more but the public lobbies are a wreck fest.