Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Logitech G29 / G27 Setup
Information 
Hi guys...
I thought I'd share my simple, yet effective, G29 setup.  Apparently the G27 pedals are identical, so should apply also.
One of the most important upgrade any sim racer can do, is a decent pedal set.  Although the Logitech G29 is far from professional, it is a really decent bit of kit to get you started in sim racing.  However, the stock brake setup is difficult to get used to at first, as, unlike a real hydraulic brake, the G29 measures distance the pedal travels instead of pressure.  A load cell brake set is ideal, but I've made a compromise and setup my G29 brake pedal to emulate a load cell.
This is done, not by taking apart the pedal, but simply within Assetto Corsa's controller settings.
In controller settings, in the advanced tab, there is a Pedal Settings section where there is an adjustment for Brake Gamma.  I have set that at 3.98.  This makes my pedal at about 50% braking as the pedal bumps into the rubber insert damper.  From now onwards, as you apply more force on the pedal, you feel heavier resistance.... and this is the part that feels like a load cell, or hydraulic brake.
This makes it quite a lot easier to judge how much brake to apply for trail braking... as you feel the brake touch the rubber damper.
All I can say is give it a try and see how you get on.
I've attached pics of my advanced controller page in Assetto Corsa, also my Main Controls page.
[Image: G29-Pedals2.jpg]
[Image: G29-axis.jpg]
Regards,
-- Joe.
Nice ! Thank You for all the Work, sounds rly interesting i will give it a try !

Your Setup for the Dallara is btw a blast ! just did the 2 races and it was rly rly nice

Edit: Wow! thx again Joe .. this settings are realy nice for Breaking i got nearly similar behavior like the Upgrades Pedals with extra springs.. absoluty Love it so far !<3