Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track Cut Penalty Procedure
Hi! I'm relatively new to SRS and just started taking part in the GTP vs HiHi series. In the Monza race, last week, I missed my braking point for the second chicane and wound up cutting across the runoff and over the speed bumps. I was given a Track Cut Penalty which told me to slow down and to serve the penalty before the end of the lap. I started to slow, but never saw any guideline as to what speed to slow to. As I continued to slow, the timer would get down to 15 seconds and then jump back up to 19 seconds. By the time I had passed the second Lesmo corner I was only just barely rolling yet the timer continued to drop to 15 seconds and jump back up to 19 seconds. I got to the right edge of the track, well off the racing line, and completely stopped. The timer finally went to zero and the penalty message disappeared so I resumed driving. When I got to the start/finish line, I found myself in the pits with a message saying I had been disqualified for not serving a Track Cut Penalty. Please help me to understand what happened so I can serve any future penalties properly and avoid potential DQ's. Many thanks!
think it is 39 k.. really its a dead stop..
Shame your race got ruined by the stupid AC penalty system!

"Slow down" in the penalty message really means "don't touch the throttle for X seconds", your actual speed doesn't matter. If you touch the throttle before countdown disappears it will reset right to the beginning! IDK why you got DQ even though penalty message disappeared.

There are two kinds of track limit penalties. First kind is less severe (usually 5 or 10 seconds) and you can clear it by not using throttle for X seconds or instantly by slowing down to 35 kph (~20 mph). If you get another penalty before you cleared the fist one, you get the more severe penalty - 20 seconds off throttle. You got 20 second penalty because Monza chicanes actually have 2 separate penalty zones (parts of surface that give you penalties if you drive over them). So if you end up missing your braking point there try to slow down to 35 kph before you cut the corner completely to clear the first penalty, then slowly rejoin and clear the second penalty if you get it.
(07-24-2023, 06:24 PM)Matija Rasinec Wrote:  Shame your race got ruined by the stupid AC penalty system!

"Slow down" in the penalty message really means "don't touch the throttle for X seconds", your actual speed doesn't matter. If you touch the throttle before countdown disappears it will reset right to the beginning! IDK why you got DQ even though penalty message disappeared.

There are two kinds of track limit penalties. First kind is less severe (usually 5 or 10 seconds) and you can clear it by not using throttle for X seconds or instantly by slowing down to 35 kph (~20 mph). If you get another penalty before you cleared the fist one, you get the more severe penalty - 20 seconds off throttle. You got 20 second penalty because Monza chicanes actually have 2 separate penalty zones (parts of surface that give you penalties if you drive over them). So if you end up missing your braking point there try to slow down to 35 kph before you cut the corner completely to clear the first penalty, then slowly rejoin and clear the second penalty if you get it.

Thak you! That's a very good explanation. I was using light throttle while slowing down, so that would explain why the timer kept going back up.