Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSP Custom Physics
Hi all, I am writing this post to suggest a feature for our SRS competitions.
I have come to appreciate how over the past period our beloved platform has made several changes and improvements to stay ahead of the times and offer us an ever-improving experience. I was also pleased to note that the new SRS App for AC includes 3 versions of the CSPs (1.60, 1.70 & 1.79), so let me suggest an additional feature.
My proposal is to use the new extended physics offered by the new versions of CSP, specifically the addition of these values:
Code:
[CUSTOM_PHYSICS]
REAL_MASS = 1          ; Set to 1 to set real mass for rigidbodies of remote cars, helps with collisions
                      ; not working as expected (acts like multiplier for actual mass, could be above 1
                      ; to get collisions extra bouncy or below 1 to get collisions extra soft)
EXTRAPOLATE_STATE = 1  ; Experimental option making all cars move smoother

; Available since 0.1.77, servers now can completely redefine collision parameters. All the values are
; optional:
[CUSTOM_COLLISIONS]
SOFT_ERP = 0.99    ; Error reduction parameter
SOFT_CFM = 0.0001  ; Constrain force mixing, the higher it is, the softer is the collision
BOUNCE = 0.01      ; Bounce parameter
FRICTION = 0.25    ; Contact friction
INTENSITY = 1      ; Collision intensity (affects damage, audio and visual effects)
MAX_DEPTH = 0.2    ; If set and collision depth is above that parameter, collision becomes hard: might
                  ; help with performance

I suggest this, because I was able to use these parameters in online races, which led to a more realistic behavior of the cars as well as a less "bouncy" behavior during contacts, which significantly improved the quality of the races and the safety in track, as simple contacts have not resulted in spin and carambola as often happens with the basic physics of AC. I can say that it is very reminiscent of ACC physics.
Furthermore, since the SRS app already includes version 1.79 of the CSP, no user-side changes would be necessary, only server-side. For more information here is the link to the guides section of the CSP.
https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-pat...om-physics
I hope my suggestion has been useful and can lead to an even better experience here at SRS!

Dario Bucalo
www.4funsimracing.com
I agree with Dario! That would be a nice boost to SRS racing, also reducing some frustrating accidental contacts that cut you out from the fight.
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.
Good idea. Would be great to be implemented. My concern is about people not using CSP. How will that affect?

Anyway knowing so many advantages latest CSP versions include (physics, anticheat...) may be good to make it mandatory for srs racing.
This is interesting. Although implementing it right away can be a long shot, I think there's definitely value in testing it as an experimental feature in a couple of series to collect driver feedback and incident data. I would imagine chain reaction type of multi-car carnages could reduce as less bouncing will also mean the innocent unavoidable touches will be tolerable in the mid-pack.
This could be really interesting. I'll have to give this some testing sometime, could be really beneficial and shouldn't be hard to implement.
I guess that nowadays everyone uses CSP, and in the mod list is also specified that some mods require CSP so I its use is implicitly assumed.
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.
Yes, this is a great suggestion. Anything to reduce the super-bouncy physics!
Thumbs up for the improved physics!