Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with Ebisu West
This doesn't register as a cut - I feel like it should. You can just run straight through here.
[Image: Gtoi0Ir.png]
Unless we agree that this is the layout to run, really need to make sure tracks are actually set up properly for competition before putting them in series. Fuji was another example, where the replay cameras crashed the game. Considering the tyre stack on the inside of the actual apex isn't contactable, plus it's Ebisu, I think this is a more drift-oriented mod than anything else.
That line would be unsportsmanlike and I believe, subject to protest. Besides you miss the jump over the curbs :-)
(01-30-2023, 04:36 AM)Jim C Russell Wrote:  That line would be unsportsmanlike and I believe, subject to protest. Besides you miss the jump over the curbs :-)
Nothing of the sort in the regulations. Has anything like that happened before?

The jump is fun, but I don't want to have to take the scumbag line because everyone else starts doing it. That's the issue.
(01-30-2023, 05:18 AM)Ethan Dean Wrote:  Nothing of the sort in the regulations. Has anything like that happened before?
at thruxton too i believe.
and yes, not all but some driver decide to just cut the track. not as straight as ebisu west tho (bout quarter second advantage)
…”everyone ” ? Can’t see that happening. I see some fun over taking zones and the possibility of excellent side by side. (Or it could be a total disaster, just don’t wanna get lapped). glhf!
I knew this was going to be a controversial choice just because of the layout.
But in testing I never thought to check for cuts. I guess its a bit like RBR and Thruxton in that respect.
The track choice will probably stay for tonight. People will have already put in practice for the layout.
But I will make a message to post in the chat about track limits. And repeat offenders will be reported.
After the races I will go back and watch that corner and do any reports straight after.

But may be the last time we see this track at SRS Sad
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
*heavy breathes in Williams e-sport*...
(01-30-2023, 05:18 AM)Ethan Dean Wrote:  
(01-30-2023, 04:36 AM)Jim C Russell Wrote:  That line would be unsportsmanlike and I believe, subject to protest. Besides you miss the jump over the curbs :-)
Nothing of the sort in the regulations. Has anything like that happened before?
Ah yes, the unspoken rule where you have to stay on the track, between the lines. I agree the "Rules" are hard to find here on the forum but at some point, it's just common sense.
Chicane = no cut; what else?
Heck, I can spent some time to check replays and all potential cutters Smile

More seriously, I'm happy to race on this track for once. The chicane itself is tricky AF alone, we'll need some cooperation if two cars come side by side
(01-30-2023, 02:03 PM)Robert Duplantier Wrote:  *heavy breathes in Williams e-sport*...
Must not laugh!!

It is a very different challenge but I think most of the names that registered last week are up to it. And if last weeks race is anything to go buy some really good fights are on the cards.
Just wanted to say well done all on being so well behaved!
Only 2 cars took the cut and they were blue flag to get out of the way.
Also the starts of both races were super clean
SloBros approves ;-) Also, SloBros server for next race (Donnington) will be adjusted according to the car choice from Ebisu.