Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road America Bug?
Hi folks,
i faced yesterday an issue at the R.S.01 series in RA. I had the same issue a few weeks back on the same track with the Praga R1.
I log in correctly, everything is fine and then the game crashes after 5 to 8 seconds. No matter if i stay in the pits or get on the track, it just crashes.
There is no warning or anything unusual what so ever.
In both cases i rejoined, with the Praga 4x times, with the RS01 7+ and at some point everything was fine with no obvious reason.
I have restarted CM, i used the Join button in the app and later the online tab to get on the server, nothing seems to have an impact.
At the end i ve had time for 1 qualy lap, P5, had a good race, all good.
Anyone else had this issue or even know the reason and has a solution?
Cheers
Nicolas
[i]Hit the apex,  goddamnit![/i]
Hello!
the author of the track mention it on RD page
"[b]WARNING[/b]

[b]There are some issues with various 3rd party apps in AC that cause this track to crash due to the custom animations we are using. You might have to disable all your apps and turn them on one by one until you find the one causing the crash. Otherwise you can simply rename the extension folder that is inside the lilski_road_america track older. This will disable all custom grass and animations but the track will load. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of the app developers to update their apps to support these newer CSP functions we are using.[/b]

and i think SRS skin is may be one of them, especially when you try to enter server within transfer window (practice session and around first 5 minute of quali).
if you enter server outside skin transfer window (after 5 min quali or so) the SRS skin wont cause a crash. i think this is most likely your case.
to fix this 
  • Disable/uncheck 'watch config for changes' and 'use partial reload for track and car config' on CSP setting.
    [Image: fffff.png]
    (thanks to Pasha Paterson) this also will fix issue the game freeze and random screen flashing when skin is downloaded.

• if above not work, try disable SRS skin app for this track.
  • or, rename 'extension' folder of this track to something else.
  • last resort, try disable all app for this track.
good luck.
Thumbs Up 
(12-23-2022, 02:11 PM)Handy Hanafiah Wrote:  Hello!

good luck.

Thanx for the help mate,
yes this makes sense with the skin upload app.
[i]Hit the apex,  goddamnit![/i]
2 last races in RA = 4 game crash
in R.S.01 race i lose podium finish =(
in ferrari race - 4 minuts and game crash (missed practice and qualification). Disable Skin Transfer, and drove the race (everything is fine, finished) . But I doubt that the problem is in the skin transfer.
(12-24-2022, 02:40 PM)Alexey Schevchenko Wrote:  2 last races in RA = 4 game crash
in R.S.01 race i lose podium finish =(
in ferrari race - 4 minuts and game crash (missed practice and qualification). Disable Skin Transfer, and drove the race (everything is fine, finished) . But I doubt that the problem is in the skin transfer.
yes, SRS skin transfer is not the root of the problem, but when you didnt disable 2 option i mentioned before when you downloaded new skin, normally the screen is 'flashing' and sometime freezing and game run normal after that.
but for road america that flashing cause game crash. i think for mosport too if i remember correctly.
Again have crash like in Road America. But now its DonnyRS500_Rally @ HighPlainsFull race =(
The computer just freeze. Only reset helped. And ofc no logs.
Sad, i don't know what to do.
I will turn off the skin transfer again, until the end of this season.
(01-09-2023, 09:38 PM)Bummer, I wondered what happened.Alexey Schevchenko Wrote:  Again have crash like in Road America. But now its DonnyRS500_Rally @ HighPlainsFull  race =(
(01-09-2023, 09:38 PM)Alexey Schevchenko Wrote:  Again have crash like in Road America. But now its DonnyRS500_Rally @ HighPlainsFull  race =(
ouch....
different case, but might be same problem with mine. hopefuly same fix.
whenever there's race at lausitzring to enter the game loading time take forever and sometime freeze, if i got manage to get in fps get choppy (online and single player is same)
when i check task manager, the RAM get maxed (i only had 8gb RAM).
to resolve this i disable CSP for this track, the game look ugly but everything fine after that.

[Image: csp.png]

crash with skin transfer i mentioned before mostly at the track that had custom animation
afaik
-road america
-mosport
-road atlanta

good luck.