Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Assetto Corsa series starting December 12!!
(12-11-2022, 12:27 PM)Victor Solanes Wrote:  And how are we supposed to promote SRS, saying that it has races every hour, when it is not true.
You have to reduce that format, and adjust it to reality.
Only if you start with a reduced and realistic format adjusted to the people that we are, then it could start to grow even a little.
I know of other platforms that make readjustments in their series,
for example in hourly series they didn't have people, and they put it every 2H and increased participation.
you have to try things until you find what really works.
AMEN

g

Hourly races like the mazda mx5, are completely useless, people like me who would race in the afternoon find themselves unable to do so because the races are empty

I think it would be smarter to have a race every three hours, with the same format as the 9 p.m. races, (ex: mondey lotus 4 p.m., tuesday lamborghini 4 p.m.) ecc...
(12-11-2022, 12:27 PM)Victor Solanes Wrote:  And how are we supposed to promote SRS, saying that it has races every hour, when it is not true.
You have to reduce that format, and adjust it to reality.
Only if you start with a reduced and realistic format adjusted to the people that we are, then it could start to grow even a little.
I know of other platforms that make readjustments in their series,
for example in hourly series they didn't have people, and they put it every 2H and increased participation.
you have to try things until you find what really works.

Mate I wasn't being specific when I said promote SRS. How many people here promote SRS on a weekly basis? Do you know? There are other things to promote about SRS like it's free to use. It is well organised and streams the championship / daily races on YouTube. You can use your own custom skins. Are these not points to promote? It has clearly gone quiet on the servers over the past year. We might be better off looking at why that is and not criticising the system we have all enjoyed for free for the past few years. 
Biggest problem is low participation.
  1. SRS should remove races with consistent low participation - they negatively impact SRS reputation. (all we can see is bunch of car/track combos with 0 drivers - and for people checking SRS in content manager for the first time is complete turn off)
  2. Drivers should be able to mark their attendance for multiple races - it will remove those devastating ZEROS on the SRS races schedule screen.
  3. Implement voting system for races - a race with the most votes would group drivers together.
    (example:
    8PM race - 4 votes,
    9PM race - 9 votes,
    10PM race 5 votes - it would encourage drivers who voted for 8PM or 10PM to move their schedule to 9PM race and almost double the participation)
  4. Drivers could also apply for races a day before, or couple of hours before the race and not wait last 10-15min - when people see that there is 1 or 2 drivers for the race they get discouraged to apply and now even though 10 or more people wanted to race they don't race at all just because initial number of drivers was low.

Probably it's a lot of work to implement those things in the SRS app but we still have SRS discord and a lot of this could be done there. Discord has those options and it's not that hard to manage it.

Let's see how new season goes. I will be active - but it will probably be my last season here if something does not improve.
maybe what i said is sound like from a salty person, but whatever, ill say it anyway.

my opinion of why low participant nowadays.

alot people come to racing at early season
then quit after some week
you know why?
because you guys are too fast and keep winning.

many people always welcome new season with hope
end giving up after few week because feeling inferior seeing same person keep winning.

just saying.
(12-11-2022, 05:39 PM)Handy Hanafiah Wrote:  maybe what i said is sound like from a salty person, but whatever, ill say it anyway.

you know why?

end giving up after few week because feeling inferior seeing same person keep winning.

just saying.
BASED!
Another thing that might help get more people racing is if all series were fixed set ups. Open set ups gives people an unfair advantage over less experienced racers who may not know how to set up a car for a race. This would even the field out and the faster drivers will still be at the front but not so far in front that there is no chance of getting a better result for the less experienced racers. Just a thought.
(12-11-2022, 05:39 PM)Handy Hanafiah Wrote:  maybe what i said is sound like from a salty person, but whatever, ill say it anyway.

you know why?

just saying.
I was once that guy getting completely blown out, but I took the the fast guys as a benchmark to improve myself instead of sitting there whining and wishing they would leave. Now I have fifteen championships on here, and the reason I don't race on SRS so much and am moving towards LFM/considering iRacing is because the competitive bar is much higher and I want to challenge myself again.

The amount of people who'd rather be sore losers than take new benchmarks to improve themselves in a competitive activity is astounding. If you're tired of seeing the same person winning, step up your game and challenge him.
(12-11-2022, 06:10 PM)Mark Puc Wrote:  Another thing that might help get more people racing is if all series were fixed set ups. Open set ups gives people an unfair advantage over less experienced racers who may not know how to set up a car for a race. This would even the field out and the faster drivers will still be at the front but not so far in front that there is no chance of getting a better result for the less experienced racers. Just a thought.

I also agree with that! to be competitive, you need to practice before go to a race. Some people need more practice than others. It will depend if you are familiar with the track and with the car also. If you add open setup, then you will need more time to practice and to get your setup improved over the default.

I have an idea of a championship that might be fun: secret car and track until1 hour before the race! 1 race at evening friday to sunday. Next week, another car and track. Angel Angel Angel

you know why?

just saying.
What am I supposed to do to fix this? If I am that guy?

(12-11-2022, 07:28 PM)Jose Ferraz Wrote:  
(12-11-2022, 06:10 PM)Mark Puc Wrote:  Another thing that might help get more people racing is if all series were fixed set ups. Open set ups gives people an unfair advantage over less experienced racers who may not know how to set up a car for a race. This would even the field out and the faster drivers will still be at the front but not so far in front that there is no chance of getting a better result for the less experienced racers. Just a thought.

I also agree with that! to be competitive, you need to practice before go to a race. Some people need more practice than others. It will depend if you are familiar with the track and with the car also. If you add open setup, then you will need more time to practice and to get your setup improved over the default.

I have an idea of a championship that might be fun: secret car and track until1 hour before the race! 1 race at evening friday to sunday. Next week, another car and track. Angel Angel Angel
By doing it you are removing time for inexperienced drivers to prepare. Those who are already fast don't need to practice as much as those who are not fast yet. Combo doesn't really matter that much - once you become fast and you understand what makes you fast - you will be fast with almost any other combo.
(12-11-2022, 07:30 PM)Nikola Skrbic Wrote:  [quote pid='50600' dateline='1670780343']
What am I supposed to do to fix this? If I am that guy?

[/quote]
nothing bro, i should fix myself instead -_-

(12-11-2022, 07:10 PM)Ethan Dean Wrote:  I was once that guy getting completely blown out, but I took the the fast guys as a benchmark to improve myself instead of sitting there whining and wishing they would leave. Now I have fifteen championships on here, and the reason I don't race on SRS so much and am moving towards LFM/considering iRacing is because the competitive bar is much higher and I want to challenge myself again.

The amount of people who'd rather be sore losers than take new benchmarks to improve themselves in a competitive activity is astounding. If you're tired of seeing the same person winning, step up your game and challenge him.
yeah, that probably the better way to take it.

ofc even i said something like that, doesnt mean i hate fast guy, i learned alot from them.

but for last few season i already change my mindset, i just want to have fun, trying hard isn't really suit me, gain few position from last at the start is more satisfying than start at middle and lost some position.
[sorry repost]