Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you quit?
I signed up for a race. Nobody showed up so I am the only one in the race. 
It is 5 min before the race and I am the only one with a bot that joined. Can I quit then? Will I get the 2 day ban or not.
And if I am in the race all by myself and quick, will I also get a 2 day ban??
Can somebody please help?
Thanks in advance.
If you quit before the 5-min mark there is no penalty; you just quit.
If there are fewer than 6 drivers registered, then the race doesn't count anyway, so you shouldn't have a problem.
I think the rule is there to prevent people from registering for races and then not showing up to the session, but if you're alone in the registration then it won't count.
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth
Like Pasha said: before 5-min period, you can click "quit" button to unregister from race with no penalty whatsoever, it's fine.
After 5-minute window closes, you can no longer unregister. If there are less than 6 people REGISTERED at this point, you can just not join the race session and it won't matter as the race is not considered "official." No championship or rating points are awarded, or taken away from you, nor will you get any penalties.
Or you can go race a practise session with other guys if you want (if anyone will show up).
In the case you are registered after 5-min period and the race goes official with min 6 people registred, you should join the session and drive minimum of 3 RACE laps to not get DNF that gives you negative impact on your rating. If you skip the official min 6 driver race altogether, you won't get banned but will get negative impact on your rating. (I'm not sure how many races you can skip until you get a suspension penalty?) Practice or quali laps won't matter, you want 3 race laps. You can even join race session after the start, start from grid and go do your 3 laps, watching out for blue flags all the time of course. This stuff actually happens quite often as people have unexpected tech problems that may cause them missing out on quali or even the race start.

The rules are there to get people actually go in the races they register on. So always try to go in the race you register on, or quit before the 5-min limit, but no need to panic if something happens that prevents your participation, you just get a small negative rating impact. People have surprise real life things happening and technical issues sometimes, it's fine.

Side note here: race still goes official as long as there are min 6 people registered by the 5-min limit, even if not all of them join the session. You will get your championship points if you race.
And just one more side note: Even in un-official races, you will be dinged for incidents and lose rating. Found that out one day messing around in an un-official race once! Dodgy
If you register alone and If you really-really quick, your fastest on Q and R will still be posted on 'fastest lap' menu (only could be seen on browser)
(04-13-2022, 07:56 PM)Handy Hanafiah Wrote:  If you register alone and If you really-really quick, your fastest on Q and R will still be posted on 'fastest lap' menu (only could be seen on browser)
That will difficult as both quali and race are gonna be super slippery all the time. Running solo the track grip only goes down :p
(04-14-2022, 10:06 AM)Ilmari Ylitalo Wrote:  
(04-13-2022, 07:56 PM)Handy Hanafiah Wrote:  If you register alone and If you really-really quick, your fastest on Q and R will still be posted on 'fastest lap' menu (only could be seen on browser)
That will difficult as both quali and race are gonna be super slippery all the time. Running solo the track grip only goes down :p
ah, i didnt know that :p
but my point is if your fastest time on Q and R are inside top 10, the laptime will still appear on fastest laps leaderboard even tho the race itself is unofficial.
but still, no point or rating gain.
Really?

I have raced once one of that less than 6 people races and was afraid of that, but incidents did not count to my stats

(04-13-2022, 05:00 PM)Rob Russo Wrote:  And just one more side note: Even in un-official races, you will be dinged for incidents and lose rating. Found that out one day messing around in an un-official race once! Dodgy
(04-14-2022, 08:26 PM)Juan Alberdi Wrote:  Really?

I have raced once one of that less than 6 people races and was afraid of that, but incidents did not count to my stats

(04-13-2022, 05:00 PM)Rob Russo Wrote:  And just one more side note: Even in un-official races, you will be dinged for incidents and lose rating. Found that out one day messing around in an un-official race once! Dodgy

At the time, I'm pretty sure it changed my rating (but not championship stats), which is why I was surprised. I haven't tested it since.  Tongue
(04-13-2022, 03:22 PM)Ilmari Ylitalo Wrote:  Like Pasha said: before 5-min period, you can click "quit" button to unregister from race with no penalty whatsoever, it's fine.
After 5-minute window closes, you can no longer unregister. If there are less than 6 people REGISTERED at this point, you can just not join the race session and it won't matter as the race is not considered "official." No championship or rating points are awarded, or taken away from you, nor will you get any penalties.
Or you can go race a practise session with other guys if you want (if anyone will show up).
In the case you are registered after 5-min period and the race goes official with min 6 people registred, you should join the session and drive minimum of 3 RACE laps to not get DNF that gives you negative impact on your rating. If you skip the official min 6 driver race altogether, you won't get banned but will get negative impact on your rating.  (I'm not sure how many races you can skip until you get a suspension penalty?) Practice or quali laps won't matter, you want 3 race laps. You can even join race session after the start, start from grid and go do your 3 laps, watching out for blue flags all the time of course. This stuff actually happens quite often as people have unexpected tech problems that may cause them missing out on quali or even the race start.

The rules are there to get people actually go in the races they register on. So always try to go in the race you register on, or quit before the 5-min limit, but no need to panic if something happens that prevents your participation, you just get a small negative rating impact. People have surprise real life things happening  and technical issues sometimes, it's fine.

Side note here: race still goes official as long as there are min 6 people registered by the 5-min limit, even if not all of them join the session. You will get your championship points if you race.
Thank you so much man. I will leave the next time and not wast 30 min of my day. thanks