Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racing alone
Hi
I registered for the 1500 hours Skoda race at Poznan today (Sunday). When i joined, I was the only driver present. Needless to say, I won!
Should I have expected points for this? I'm not sure if i got any although it said 102 points in the race results, the win didn't register on my profile.
Anyway, another thing regarding CM; what are the "detected combinations" on the left hand side?

Thanks, Steve
Only races with at least 6 participants are "official" and count towards the championship/profile. But congrats on winning anyways Wink
Detected combinations are just the current races taking place, so that you can quickly jump into a practice session or offline race.
(03-20-2022, 09:34 PM)Alexander Persil Wrote:  Only races with at least 6 participants are "official" and count towards the championship/profile. But congrats on winning anyways Wink
Detected combinations are just the current races taking place, so that you can quickly jump into a practice session or offline race.
Thanks. So if you've registered and are the only one who turns up, do you get a penalty if you don't complete the race or quali sessions?
You need to complete 3 laps of the actual race to avoid any penalties (quali doesn't matter). I also learned that, even though there may be less than 6 drivers, incidents will still count, so it seems the rules are still in play in "unofficial" races.
Your rating is not negatively (or positively) effected by the races with <6 registered participants. Neither will you get series championship points. It's the amount of registrations that counts: If there are min 6 registered by the end of the registration period, and only 5 or less show up in the actual session, you will still be awarded points and rating. Note that people sometimes cancel their registration by the last second before -5min period, so check the amount of participants just before you join if close, then you know if the race is "official" or not.

You can join the race server at any point during the practise-quali-race session if you are registered. After "join" button goes away, go to online, fins "simracingsystem", pick the correct server and join from there. If there are multiple splits you need to guess which split you are on and join that server. If you can't join, try another one until you find it. Always try to do 3 full laps or RACE session to avoid DNF and negative impact to your rating.

If you have the time and motivation, you can use the unofficial session as a good practice with the track grip being a bit lower for longer in quali and can still get fun race with people you own pace.

Unfortunately, due to lack of participants, most races go unofficial except outside the time window of EU afternoon... midnight.
(03-20-2022, 09:54 PM)Steven Jarman Wrote:  
(03-20-2022, 09:34 PM)Alexander Persil Wrote:  Only races with at least 6* participants are "official" and count towards the championship/profile. But congrats on winning anyways Wink
Thanks. So if you've registered and are the only one who turns up, do you get a penalty if you don't complete the race or quali sessions?
*Driver number has been changed from 6 to 5. If there are less than 5 drivers registered, you don't have to join the server if you don't want to. Since races with less than 5 registrants are not official, you will not get any penalty for not joining.