Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi there!
My name is Rahul. I live in California, and I got into Sim-racing about a month ago with a T300RS and a HP G2 headset.
I used to play a lot of racing games when I was a kid (Midtown madness when I was 5-6 yrs old, NFS Underground, Test Drive Unlimited), but slowly got tired of arcade racing titles and moved onto action games. Discovering sim-racing has rekindled the love of racing in me, and I've been slowly learning how to race properly.
I've tried out a couple sims, namely iRacing (Best multiplayer and VR, but too expensive to fully commit to), Assetto Corsa Competizione (Great FFB, love GT cars, but the VR experience is horrible), and Assetto Corsa (hits the sweet spot: Great graphics with CSP, good VR support, good FFB). I'm not very quick around a track, as I'm still learning good driving technique, but I found racing against AI somewhat hollow and that I loved the thrill and drama of racing human opponents. I've only participated in one race in SRS so far (Evora GX on Spa), and I didn't quite make it to top 10, but the experience was still quite thrilling!
I'm usually available to race from 1:00-6:00 UTC on weekdays, and 18:00-4:00 UTC on weekends.
Any tips as to what races I should be participating this series?
Hi Rahul, welcome to SRS. The Reverb G2 is a great headset for sim racing! Adds so much immersion. Also get crew chief if you don't have it already. Great addition to VR, since you can also use voice commands.
As to what races, that's a very personal decision. Some prefer GT cars, some open seaters, some classics. Maybe try out the different cars/tracks in single player, see which ones you like.