Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection Issue
Hi,
     New here, anytime I join a race using SRS I get a "connection issue this server seems to be unavailable" and everyones flying for me and just not a pleasant experience as I can't race and I don't want to ruin other's race so I'm basically going off just to let people go far away from me as I can.
all the other servers work fine for me in normal online lobby ( even host a small race for my friends on Saturday and that also works fine ) so I'm kinda confused why this is happening
https://streamable.com/8plg73 Video to show what exactly happens and this incident that happened apparently the other car was unscathed
Hi Sameer. I saw your car flying around during our race today. That is a strange issue indeed. What is your ping when you join a race?
If you are using Content Manager, you could go to settings -> content manager-> online. There are some connection settings you can play around with, maybe that helps.
Hope you figure out your issue!
(09-19-2021, 03:43 PM)Alexander Persil Wrote:  Hi Sameer. I saw your car flying around during our race  today. That is a strange issue indeed. What is your ping when you join a race?
If you are using Content Manager, you could go to settings -> content manager-> online. There are some connection settings you can play around with, maybe that helps.
Hope you figure out your issue!
I had 130 ping today and usually same for other EU servers that I play in, I don't know much about those settings so if anyone could guide would be helpful Smile
I haven't played around with those settings either, as I don't have any issues. But there are a few options there that you could try.
130 ping is similar to what I'm getting, so that's not the problem.
Maybe your firewall/antivirus is blocking the srs server?
Maybe try a few more races, see if the issue persists.
Have you checked this issue and solution?

https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthre...4#pid48424

On some mod tracks your ping can be fine but your computer can't keep up with the data processing the game requires, even if you have a high performance PC.
(09-19-2021, 05:02 PM)Martin Smith Wrote:  Have you checked this issue and solution?

https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthre...4#pid48424

On some mod tracks your ping can be fine but your computer can't keep up with the data processing the game requires, even if you have a high performance PC.
Before this race I did a race on Friday with Porsche 908 LH's on Kunos Silverstone 1967 with only 3 other people and I still had this problem, I've done an online race on Daytona oval with mazda miata with 30+ people and had no problems there  

But I'll try joining a race and disconnecting everything and see if the problem occurs currently connected to my pc is : my headphone amp , keyboard , mouse and controller

How do I check if firewall is blocking SRS servers?

EDIT : forgot to mention the very first race I did had only one other person participating and it was working perfectly fine

EDIT2 : just tested on singleplayer with 19 A.I on silverstone 1967 and works fine, Tested on silverstone with 24 A.I and that works fine aswell, I've never actually gotten the 100% cpu usage in online
Remove ac.exe from firewall
(09-19-2021, 09:23 PM)Juan Alberdi Wrote:  Remove ac.exe from firewall
I have acs and Assetto Corsa on firewall should I remove them both?

EDIT: I removed both acs and Assetto Corsa from my firewall and took part in a race and the problem still persists so I quit before qualy started Sad Tried disconnecting everything aswell and no help aswell and adding the exception to the regedit aswell
Fixed the issue, if anyone ever has this its due to packet loss AC is very sensitive even to the littlest of packet loss, after I had this problem in SRS it started happening in all AC and ACC servers, I contacted my ISP they checked a few things and told me there was some packet loss in my local area connection turned out it was just a corroded RJ45 connector Smile replaced that and fixed the AC server problem