Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
I forgot to post some of the small setup changes I made to the Shelby Cobra that I think helped at 60s Watkins Glen to make the car more consistent.
  • Increased the camber (no idea if it helped, but I jsut did it and left the change in)
  • Reduced front toe out (less negative), and put in rear toe in (more positive). This was to combat the sudden snap oversteer
  • Tweaked the pressures for the circuit and track temps
  • fuel for 20min race
  • Decreased diff power by a click to 20% so it was nicer when getting on the throttle on corner exit. Also increased the diff coast to 50% to reduce the oversteer off throttle.

While I'm at it, I will include the setup I have currently for tomorrow's race at Riverside Long. I was struggling with the car on that track, so I made something that gets very understeery at points. Its probably too much, so I might change it before the race, but I think this current version is nice and stable to last the whole race at the very least even if it is not too fast. Compared to the Watkins setup, I have:
  • Adjusted tyre pressures slightly to match the track
  • Increased the toe in dramatically on the front and rear (more positive). This makes it very understeery.
  • Stiffened the dampers, I feel this has made the car less twitchy and wobbly on the brakes. 
  • Reduced the diff power to 10%
  • Increased the gear ratio for more top speed
One thing I didn't go at with either setup is the suspension and anti-rollbars. This is probably a mistake. I possibly could have gotten my desired effect with these and not be using so much toe in. Maybe I might have a go at it before the race, but I won't have time to post it up here. I'll be streaming the race too, so you can pop into the chat just before the race if you want to ask me if I've changed anything else.

Attached Files
.zip   ShelbyCobra427SC_Setups_60sWatkins_RiversideLong_DMacGarry.zip (Size: 1.17 KB / Downloads: 5)
Donny MacGarry Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@DonnyMacGarry
Thanks, Donny. I am not as consistent as I would like to be: the Cobra is not forgivable (which is part of the fun!)
I will definitely try some of your tips. See you tonight!
Stiffening the front ARB works nice to make the car more stable. I just tested a setting of 17 there. Then this or higher values could allow front toe to be made less positive too
Donny MacGarry Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@DonnyMacGarry