Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New memeber from Spain
Greeting everyone from Madrid, Spain.

My name is Julio, and I´ve just discovered SimRcingSystem, but I intermediately had the feeling that it is very interesting because of my circumstances. I have almost always used iRacing for competing online, because of my restricted time available for this hobby. I have 2 young kids and a very small house, so it is totally impossible to have a PC, cockpit or whatever at home. On top, I have the issue of having no time available during the evenings and during the whole weekend, because I´m attending the babies. I ended up building my sim rig in my private little office, and taking the few spare moments during the week to train and compete. Of course, I usually practice or compete out of the typical "peak" hours when league races takes place. 
I´m in the hope of finding some compatible competition schedules, practice sessions, etc. here in SRS, as I used to in iRacing. But at the same time I also hope that in SRS things will be a bit more "personal" and "close", because in iRacing I felt a bit "alone", and everything was a bit "cold" for me. On top, I´m not that fan of the simulator itself, specially some of the cars. So I always end using the Skippy. I really like driving inside Assetto Corsa, the physics, the pleasure of driving around with road cars, etc. So I wish SRS will give me a chance to compete online using Assetto instead of iRacing.
Btw, my gap for simracing usually takes place Mo-Fri, around 17:30-19:30 CET (I think that´s 16:30-18:30 UTC).

Thanks a lot for taking your time to read this (rather)long and probably too personal message. I wish we will meet soon at the races.

Best Regards
Julio
Welcome, Julio, I hope you find what you're looking for on SRS. We have a smaller community here. So after a few races, you will probably start to recognise drivers and their driving styles.
(08-02-2021, 03:39 PM)Christopher Magan Wrote:  Welcome, Julio, I hope you find what you're looking for on SRS. We have a smaller community here. So after a few races, you will probably start to recognise drivers and their driving styles.

Thanks for your answer.
I´m beginning to read some info around the forums, but I´m still a bit lost. Nevertheless, I already saw some races that were compatible with my current available schedule. Like the Abarth Assetto Corse races at Calabogie... it sounds an appropiate combo for a newie like me, right?
One question, do you practice online with other drivers or just practice offline and connect only for the chosen qualy/race? In case people practice online, which are the servers to do so?
Thanks in advance
Welcome, Julio.
No "cold" drivers here, it's all "hot, hot, hot!" action Big Grin
Search for "srs" in the online section to find current practice sessions (drivers will usually join within the hour of a race).
Also, you can join the SRS Discord channel (https://discord.gg/VdTmmvaY) for a lot of information.
Have fun!
(08-03-2021, 12:06 PM)Rob Russo Wrote:  Welcome, Julio.
No "cold" drivers here, it's all "hot, hot, hot!" action Big Grin
Search for "srs" in the online section to find current practice sessions (drivers will usually join within the hour of a race).
Also, you can join the SRS Discord channel (https://discord.gg/VdTmmvaY) for a lot of information.
Have fun!
Thanks a lot for the info.
Welcome! I'm also fairly new to SRS and sim racing in general.

I try to make races whenever I can. I typically just practice the tracks/cars in an offline practice session before trying it live in a race.