Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GT2??? +few other questions
I've only been racing now for a few weeks with SRS, first of all, and I'm lovin' it.
Looking at the races available that appeal to me (here comes the opinion part), I'd like to see more GT2 racing. I've been taking part in some American Series GT3 racing and i'm really enjoying the races. I guess my true favorites are the GT2s though. I see a GT2 series, but it only consists of the Porsche, and the times are a little wrong for me to race in it. I would love to see a 911RSR, 458, M3, Vette series pop up. (I may be totally off for even entertaining that idea but... whatevs)

So here are the actual questions.
1. I was wondering why there are no M3s or 458s. (Performance ballance???)

2. Could the Vette be another car that could run with the GT2s? (Performance balance???)

3. Same thing could be said for the Group C 787 Race. I only see the 787 there... No Other Group C cars to race with it? (Performance balance???)

4. What makes the decision on what cars run in what series? Is it popularity? Is it a vote/straw-pole?

By no means am I complaining. I've had more fun the last 2-3 weeks with Assetto Corsa than EVER BEFORE. I know it's because I've found SRS (thanks Gamer Muscle for the tip). The racing is much more CLEAN here. I understand that mistakes happen, but at least there's not some 10yr-old wrecking everyone on the front straight, every lap, like in public servers. The organization and system that has been set up is MINT. Thanks for all the hard work and time put into this. 

Hope these questions aren't too far off the beaten path, but I have a sneaky suspicion that I'm not the only one who wonders these things.

So on a final note... Thanks again and again for the great fun SRS !!! You've changed the "game" for me.
Cool Respectfully..... Stan Donit Cool
Hello Stan,

if you go Competition>Historic Results you will see the series that have been run since the beginning.
GT categories, apart from GT1, are the most popular. Now we do try to give some variety, thats why in some seasons GT3 or GT2 isnt running everyday. You'll see that we did group C with all cars and many other series.

GT2 should be on the next season but not on daily basis, In October it should be back to daily races.
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll check out the historic results later.
So basically.... race direction tells me.... "Hold your horses Stan Donit, those races will come again sooner or later."
So I smile really big and reply... "THANKS !!! I'll go try to be faster in what I'm doing for now then!"  Big Grin

One old question that I think u missed... What decided the race grid composition (cars) and tracks for each series?
One new question... Will there be "re-runs" of historic series, or will new car and track compositions be in the future?

Again... thanks for the awesome service. You guys are great.
Cool Respectfully..... Stan Donit Cool