Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1 year on SRS. My overdue introduction.
Hello everyone, I decided I should finally make one of these, and decided it would be a good time to do it as today is exactly 1 year on SRS for me!  I'm Riley, I'm from the northwest US, and started sim racing in 2020 as that was when most of the initial lockdowns were happening.  I used to play Gran Turismo with my dad when I was very young.  This is definitely what started my love for racing.  I stopped playing racing/driving games for a while until some of my friends convinced me to get Forza Horizon 4 for the PC and I got my wheel at the time (Driving Force GT) out of the closet and started driving again.  A couple of months later, a friend convinced me to get Assetto Corsa and drift with him.  I spent quite a while driving for fun and drifting on AC with some friends until I discovered public lobbies with good enough quality of racing.  I found this very fun because I had never raced online on Gran Turismo, only against AI, so racing against other people was new and very enjoyable for me.  Soon I got tired of people crashing without consequences, so I searched for an alternative to public servers.  Then, I found SRS and registered exactly a year ago today.  I still have replays of some of my first races on SRS.  My driving back then was extremely poor, and I am very proud of myself with how much I have improved since then.  Not only has SRS given me so many amazing races, but also some good friends.  Since most of the drivers are on Discord, I’ve been able to connect with many groups such as 4Fun Sim Racing, Pro Sim Racing, and Roundel Racing to name a few.  To wrap this up, I want to say thanks to Henrique for keeping this service up and running, as well as everyone who has seen my name in a race, you were part of this as well!  My favorite season so far has been the most recent RSS F3 season, I had some of the best racing with so many of the best drivers.  Thank you all for this amazing year on SRS and I hope for much more exciting racing to come!

-Riley Gallardo
As we said here in Brazil, Riley is one of the SRS E.T.s, always fast and very clean in the disputes, in the rare opportunities that he was behind me on the track.