Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time zone discrepancies
I wonder if it would be possible to have all the various race times on the site corrected for your selected time zone? Right now I get three different times depending on where I look.

For instance, for the current F3 series, if I look at the main Race page, the race schedule is correctly converted for my local time (Denmark = currently CEST - Central European Summer Time = GMT+2):

- Session schedule*: 04:00, 08:00, 11:00, 14:00, 17:00, 19:00, 00:00 (local time - CEST)

If I go to the Races page of that same series I get two different times:

- Session schedule: 02:00, 06:00, 09:00, 12:00, 15:00, 17:00, 22:00 (GMT)
- Race date column:  03:00, 07:00, 10:00, 13:00, 16:00, 18:00, 23:00 (GMT+1 - BST? CET?)

It would be really nice and, I think, quite helpful for all users of the site if all these times reflected your selected time zone.

Edit: Looking a bit more into this, it seems the Race date column on the Races page (for whatever series) reflects the Time Zone setting but doesn't correct for Daylight Savings. If I (correctly) set my Time Zone to GMT+1 and have Daylight Savings on in the site settings, I get the above result. But if I set the Time Zone to GMT+2 and turn off DS the times in the Race date column are correct.

The Session schedule on the Races page are always in GMT, though, no matter what my settings are.
Daylight Saving Time correction does not work. You can leave it to automatic but you have to manually change your time zone twice a year. For denmark it's now in the summer GMT +2, and winter it's GMT +1. Same goes to everyone. Then the race times show correctly.