Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any chance of a linux compatible SRS app?
Hi!
for those of us who play AMS2 on linux via SteamPlay/Proton (with very good performance overall), cannot use the windows only app of SRS. I have try to launch it with Wine, but fails in detecting Steam, or Windows Steam. I don't know how has been made the app, but maybe can be ported or build with a language that supports generate linux executable files. I'm thinking of mono if the app is already using .NET framework.

I know that linux users may be very niche inside of the simracing community, but thanks to proton we already are able to enjoy a lot of games with very good wheel support (Logitech) or basic support but improving (Trustmaster, Fanatec).

For example, thanks to proton, enjoy the SRS races in AC using ContentManager launcher is possible and working very well. To be able to get the same support for AMS2 would be awesome!

Thanks for your work!
Here is another happy AMS2 Linux user (Steam Play-Proton). I really enjoy to play SRS with AC's Content Manager, but I love Automobilista and I would like to play it with SRS. Please, make it possible. Proton includes wine-mono 6.1.1 if this information is of any use