Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIA F3 race...my apologizes
I don't know what happened.....just after the start I got a CPU 99% message then all the cars in front of  me lagged everywhere,my pc freezed and I found myself  out of track at turn 2.....I hope not have ruined anybody's race,if so my apologizes for what it worth......
now the point is since then I can't  race anymore with more than 5/6 opponents without getting that freaking CPU message,....funny thing FPS remain high around 80 but I see like in a slowmotion.....hotlapping is OK and all other stuff run fine as usual apps,games,benchmark,everything....it's just Assetto Corsa ,I don't know where to put my hand to fix that thing
I think I'm gonna reinstall everything but it's just a pain in the a$$...if someone has got  ideas please help thx
(03-30-2021, 01:02 PM)Fabio Borghino Wrote:  I don't know what happened.....just after the start I got a CPU 99% message then all the cars in front of  me lagged everywhere,my pc freezed and I found myself  out of track at turn 2.....I hope not have ruined anybody's race,if so my apologizes for what it worth......
now the point is since then I can't  race anymore with more than 5/6 opponents without getting that freaking CPU message,....funny thing FPS remain high around 80 but I see like in a slowmotion.....hotlapping is OK and all other stuff run fine as usual apps,games,benchmark,everything....it's just Assetto Corsa ,I don't know where to put my hand to fix that thing
I think I'm gonna reinstall everything but it's just a pain in the a$$...if someone has got  ideas please help thx

Hi, the same thing happened to me with my old pc, it is a problem that some mods like the one on the F3 need a lot of CPU and since your pc is not very powerful, I couldn't handle it, it improved me by overclocking a bit from the bios, you can try.
yep my pc ain't that good....it's pretty old but with a bit of CPU and video overclocking I was able to race at full grid and with good graphics until F3 @mugello....then the Algarve thing happened and then I couldn't race against AI anymore no matter what mod or track....only hotlapping....so this afternoon I decided to reinstall everything and started tweaking graphical settings from scratch step by step benchmarking everytime and though F3-AIA still remain a bad combo for my rig I think I came up with the solution,which sounds kinda weird to me .....I gonna post it here later just in case it could be useful for someone

and the solution is......better graphics =lower FPS and LESS cpu occupancy!!!....I can't imagine why but for my pc it's just like that....

this is with PP effects OFF
AC VERSION: 1.16.4 (x64)
FPS: AVG=95 MIN=24 MAX=145 VARIANCE=23 CPU=84%

and this with PP effects ON
AC VERSION: 1.16.4 (x64)
FPS: AVG=77 MIN=32 MAX=140 VARIANCE=8 CPU=63%

as you can see higher minimum and lower maximum FPS and way less CPU
gonna playing with it some more and see if I can get any better